ISLAND currently has a full-time Distribution Driver position open.
Schedule is Monday through Friday for ~10 hours per day. 75% of this role will be dedicated to transport needs, and 25% will be dedicated to production line work (during downtime).
- Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Communicate changes to delivery schedules, delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Drive established routes to deliver raw materials and finished packaged goods from specified cultivation facilities to ISLAND facilities and our customers.
- Resolve customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and or incorrect product being sent from ISLAND warehouse.
- Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle. Place product in storage and or account specific designated areas.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records.
- Collect monies owed to ISLAND· Provide high level of service and communicate additional business opportunities and new leads with customer to management.
- Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, CA Bureau of Cannabis Control regulations, and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
- Keep interior of truck organized and clean.
- Schedule is Monday through Friday for ~10 hours per day. 75% of this role will be dedicated to transporting needs, and 25% will be dedicated to the production line (during downtime).
- Overtime will be required at times.
- Must possess a valid, current Class C or Class B California driver’s license and acceptable DMV record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- (2+) Two years driving experience.
- Basic ability to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language to perform essential job duties.
- Able to count and perform basic math with or without a calculator.
- Lifting and moving objects weighing 60 pounds on a regular basis from floor to shoulder level repetitively throughout shift.
- Ability to twist and turn, ability to use full range of peripheral vision and fine hand manipulations sufficient to safely drive California city streets.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Walk, bend, sit, squat, twist, lift and carry on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Using a hand truck, must be able to push and pull up to 180 lbs. frequently throughout shift.
- Independent and self-motivated worker who is able to problem solve effectively.
- Experience driving for the food and beverage industry.