Who we are:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Delivery Lead:
The Delivery Lead supervises a cross-functional team of Business Analysts, Application Developers, and Quality Assurance Analysts within the Information Technologies Application Delivery group. This position is also responsible for planning, managing, and delivering complex IT projects on time, within budget, and with high quality. This role creates the project plans encompassing all IT delivery elements including but not limited to requirements gathering, business and system analysis, business requirements quality assurance and approval, solution design, system and application configuration, application construction, quality assurance testing, application turnover, implementation, and post-implementation support. This role drives collaboration with the business area(s), IT, and technology vendors to ensure that all project participants are effectively communicating and executing tasks as specified in the project plan.Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects of small to large size and risk concurrently for successful, on-time implementation
- Responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing complex application and system implementation projects using structured project management methodology and processes
- Supervises a cross-functional Application Delivery team consisting of Business Analysts, Application Developers, and Quality Assurance Analysts
- Assign work to team members
- Complete periodic and annual employee performance evaluations
- Plans goals and objectives for team members
- Ensure that all team members are performing at a high level to meet the needs of the company; ensures that the appropriate metrics are collected to support the objective assessment of individual and team performance
- Participates in staff development: Coaches and mentors team members and assesses their quality, performance and effectiveness
- Identifies training needs for team members
- Performs supervisory administrative functions for team members such as personal time request approval processing, ensuring completion of corporate training modules, etc.
- Lead the development of strategic plans for projects of high business complexity
- Develops detailed project plans, resource, work, and cost estimates, critical path assessment, budgets and schedules, including goals, risks, and resource allocation
- Lead and oversee client/customer/vendor relations to ensure that service expectations are met or exceeded
- Monitors project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule
- Monitors, documents, and reports all project risks and issues; leads mitigation and resolution efforts to limit risks; escalates as needed
- Prepares regularly scheduled project status reports
- Organize, lead, and document project meetings
- Assists in establishing, enabling, and improving project management methodologies, procedures and policies
- Provides support during deployment of functionality to production environment as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, business administration or related field is required
- Minimum of one year as a core team member responsible for the project delivery of complex enterprise application systems, distributed applications, web applications, and system integration solutions
- Two years primary responsibility for the completion of project deliverables including documentation
- Two years using SDLC methodologies such as Agile, RUP, Waterfall, etc.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- System and/or Business Analysis experience preferred
- Application development experience preferred
- Health Care experience preferred
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Project Management Institute’s standards and terminology
- Strong project management, leadership, and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be thorough and detail-oriented
- Able to work on multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change
- Must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian Health Plan was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
Equality Opportunity Employer