Premier Senior Care Community looking for a Dementia Care Coordinator to provide medication and assist with resident personal needs. A Medication Technician must perform treatments as ordered by physicians under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Must also assist in providing care in a dignified and respectful manner to all residents while maintaining the resident's independence and well-being.
Medication Technician Must:
- Maintain and protect the dignity and privacy of all residents. Protect all resident rights.
- Med Tech will assist residents with personal needs as requested, while helping to maintain resident independence and well-being.
- Document appropriately services delivered to residents and any significant changes in condition.
- Meet, or exceed, Western States Senior Communities standards of appearance; comply with Western States Senior Communities' sanitation, hygiene and health standards of community personnel.
- Medication Tech will administer all medications ordered with the exception of subcutaneous injections.
- Subcutaneous injections will be performed by outside agency of resident's choice.
- Medications administered by Medication Technician may include oral medications, inhalers, eye drops, eardrops, external and internal topical medications, liquid and solid pill medications.
- Change simple dressings for non-infected chronic or postoperative conditions.
- Medication Technician must be willing to perform skin care including bathing, applications of creams and ointments, or treatment of minor skin problems.
- Perform any other reasonable task delegated by Registered Nurse.
Medication Technician Requirements:
- Must possess a current CNA license.
- Medication Technician must complete designated training program as prescribed by the RN Resident Care Coordinator or designated RN or supervisor.
- Ability to care for and effectively communicate with senior residents, families, supervisor, employees.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, twisting and upward reaching. Prolonged periods of standing and / or walking.
- Physical ability to assist in lifting and transferring residents.