This individual will provide product expertise on specific equipment lines and build long term relationships within the territory to maximize company profitability and market share. This individual will be expected to specialize in the equipment lines in order to provide support to the sales professionals and customers on the products.
Specific Duties Include:
- Increase market share and profitability for the stated range of products within the geographic area.
- Coordinate and/or conduct field demonstrations as well as operate machinery at customer work site.
- Use company-provided systems/tools (i.e. Sales Advantage) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner.
- Sell whole-goods, parts, and service as a customer solution and build long term relationships within their territory to maximize customer and company profitability.
- Identify and communicate machine control solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership’s AOR.
- Work in conjunction with Sales Manager and the Sales Support team, responsible for follow-up and expediting of whole good orders.
- Develop relationships and network throughout the industry to monitor and participate in all product activities.
- Know the market; where future work will be done, where it is currently being done and by whom. Develop an open and “real time” channel of communication throughout the industry.
- Provide training, mentoring and coaching to RDO Equipment Co. technicians in other stores within RDOIC’s region.
- Use Company provided systems/tools (i.e. Sales Advantage) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner. Use of the system should contribute directly to the proposal process, winning the sale, volume, territory awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction..
- Create opportunities by evaluating customer fleets and techniques, and proactively propose better solutions
- Schedule, organize and perform product demonstrations and technical presentations.
- Coordinate the delivery of all new machines and provide onsite operation and maintenance training. Regularly follow up with customer’s deliveries to insure they remain fully trained, well supported and highly satisfied.
- Communicate regularly with the store management and full line sales professionals to share information on activity within their regions.
- Be a primary channel of communication for product technical and commercial issues with manufacturing partners.
- Be an active and highly visible participant in industry groups and events and keep abreast of competitive activity, products, and pricing.
- Seek additional sales, parts and service opportunities for the Company and report those prospects to the appropriate team members.
- Provide training for our customers and employees, which include continual education on developments for our product line, as well as that of our competitors.
- Assist customers with parts, service and repair requirements.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Provide technology updates and solutions.
- Assist in training and coordination for basic in-field startups, including specific solutions for Topcon products.
- Prior sales experience and/or training
- Experience in GPS or machine control technology is preferred but not required
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good understanding of local market conditions
- Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship