JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant Instructor
Vandelay Education is seeking experienced dental assistants with a passion for training the next generation. Instructor positions are PART-TIME with classes held on Saturdays from 7:30 AM to 6 PM.
***PLEASE NOTE: These positions are for a brand new campus located in Westminster, Colorado. This campus is expected to open in Spring 2020. All new campuses are opened with at least 3 Instructors.
MINIMUM STATE REQUIREMENTS:
- A high school diploma or GED
- 2+ YEARS (including months) of recent, chair-side experience
- Current experience in GENERAL DENTISTRY skills and procedures
- An industry-recognized dental certification (CDA, EDDA, etc.)
- A current CPR/BLS certification preferred
Our intense, 12-week program is designed to provide accessible, hands-on education to students from all walks of life. Classes take place directly in a dental office rather than in a traditional classroom -- allowing students to learn in the very same environment they will eventually work in.
INSTRUCTOR ROLE SUMMARY:
Instructors use their chair-side experience and training to teach our students the skills that they need to succeed as entry-level dental assistants.
- Prepare for each class by reviewing the curriculum, lab stations, and Powerpoint presentations provided.
- Deliver Powerpoint-based lectures, supplementing with real-life work experience as needed.
- Demonstrate dental skills/procedures and assist students as they practice hands-on in the lab.
- Evaluate individual/group performance and make any necessary adjustments to meet student learning needs.
- Monitor student attendance and coordinate with our Administrative Office when absences occur.
- Enforce classroom management (i.e. students are expected to be respectful, professional, and well-behaved; office workspaces and common areas are expected to be kept clean, etc.) and ensure that safety precautions are adhered to.
- Knowledge of the subjects covered in our curriculum, as well as the ability to convey them via lecture and hands-on demonstration.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic computer skills such as emailing, printing, scanning, troubleshooting, connecting to WiFi, etc.
- A passion for helping others achieve their personal goals.
- Prior teaching or training experience
- Familiarity with Dentrix software