At Gentle Dental, DentalAssistants perform a variety of patient care, office, x-ray and laboratory duties. You will prep patients for oral examination and assist your team of dental professionals in providing treatment your patient’s teeth, mouth and gums. We are passionate about dentistry, enjoy providing top-notch customer service, and giving high quality preventative care to our patients.
Are you looking for a fulfilling role where you can increase your knowledge? With our support, you will be guided by a full office staff and encouraging General Dentists. With plenty of opportunities to learn and grow you won't ever have a dull day. Our Providers have autonomy over their patients - you can rest easy knowing you're doing what's best for your patient.
Day to Day:
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures
- Welcome patients and engage in conversation while transitioning to an operatory
- Help patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment
- Obtain/Review the patients’ health history and/or pre-treatment records
- Take blood pressure and pulse
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies
- Hand instruments and materials to providers during treatment
- Keep patients mouth dry and clear by using suction, water spray or other devices
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment after treatment, following accepted infection control practices
- Instruct patients on proper postoperative care, teach patients about good oral health
- If directed by a Dentist, and allowed by law, may take impressions or X-Rays
- Document treatment in patient files as transcribed by providers
- Schedule and confirm appointments, answer the phone, assist with patient questions
- Maintain patient confidence by protecting and appropriately handling all PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Order Dental resources by using equipment and supplies only as needed to accomplish results
- Assist providers in the event of a medical emergency
- Other duties as may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certificate from an Accredited Dental Assisting Program (EFODA certification preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of approved Dental Assistant functions
- 1+ years of experience
- X-Ray Certification, if required by State
- CPR/BLS Certificate (American Red Cross or American Heart Association certifications only)
- Excellent social and customer-focused skills
Gentle Dental was founded over 30 years ago by Dental Clinicians that provide preventative care and support to their patients to this day. Our mission is to provide legendary customer service to patients, our Gentle Dental extended family, and we do that by employing high-quality support. Join our family and help us build happy and healthy smiles.
We offer the following benefits
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Referral Bonuses (for referring General and Specialty Dentists, Hygienist, and Dental Assistants)
Does this sound like a fit for you? Apply today!
Gentle Dental is an equal opportunity employer.