Location: Pulaski Facility
Magotteaux supplies the widest range of optimized products, services and systems to industries involved in comminution (material size reduction): mines, cement, coal power stations, quarries and recycling. Magotteaux also designs specific solutions for the dredging industry.
To answer their customers’ needs, Magotteaux researches, designs, manufactures and distributes grinding media and wear resistant parts thanks to a thorough understanding of:
The production processes of the different customers,
The wear mechanisms (abrasion, corrosion, impact) involved,
The material (alloy) aspects.
Since the end of 2011, Magotteaux is part of the Sigdo Koppers Group, the Chilean-based conglomerate focused on services to the mining industry. Worldwide, Magotteaux employs about 3,200 skilled talents, has a market footprint of above 500,000 tons of grinding media and castings through its 19 specialized production sites and 27 sales offices. The total turnover amounted to approximately USD 777 million in 2014.
Magotteaux, Inc. is certified to ISO9001 (quality) ISO14001 (environment) and OHSAS 18001 (health and safety) standards and ISO50001 (energy).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- For the new pattern orders →understand the design requirements of finished part drawing received from sales study office and make the design of new pattern (cope, drag, gating, etc.) using PROE/CREO software package following the principles of group methoding.
- For the existing pattern orders (legacy items) → To understand the customer demand to make necessary changes to existing drawing and preparing the final prep sheets to be used by pattern shop. This includes referring to Magotteaux legacy patterns and making improvements to the casting manufacturability.
- Understand the principles of wood cutting on CNC machines for pattern making and creating full scale manufacturing files for the CNC programming.
- Makes new designs and bring improvements to existing drawings of core boxes used to make special features in castings.
- Develop the final assembly drawings to be used by pattern shop that also includes design of gating, risering and core prints based on standard foundry methoding practices.
- Work closely with the plant quality department to make necessary changes to the pattern drawings to eliminate the causes of rejects like shrinkage, geometrical tolerances and overall casting finish.
- Work closely with the plant production team to identify opportunities for reducing grinding times on castings by making improvements to the methoding models of patterns.
- Work closely with the product engineering/sales teams to identify opportunities for launch of new products in the market by mak9ing prototypes of new pattern designs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Mechanical/Materials/Industrial preferred
English required – French or Spanish a plus
Minimum of 5 years’ experience of 3D parametric modeling and assembly / Pro E (CREO) preferred
Foundry or related environment experience a plus
Experience in pattern and core box tooling design and construction preferred
Ability to visualize objects and assemblies in 3-D
Strong Mathematic and Engineering background
Basic Metallurgical Principles
Experience with MAGMA SOFT (MAGMA 5) a plus
Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills is a must
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Requires walking primarily on a level surface for periodic times throughout the day with occasional climbing of stairs and ladders to access manufacturing work areas. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. Minimal travel may be required (U.S. and International). Travel required in U.S. (less than 10%) minimal international travel.
The performance of this position will regularly require exposure to the manufacturing (foundry) areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, hard hats, steel toe shoes, flame resistant clothing and mandatory hearing protection. Sitting, viewing computer monitors for long periods of time.
Magotteaux is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Magotteaux is certified in OHSAS 18001 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001/ ISO 50001