Vibracoustic has an opening for a Design Engineer at our South Haven, MI technical center.
The primary responsibility of the Design Engineer is the design/engineering (CAD and FEA) of anti-vibration parts in cooperation with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Design/engineering of anti-vibration products (rubber mounts and bushings) by means of CAD/FEA and durability prediction-tools.
- Part optimization in respect to feasibility and low cost designs. Knowledge and consideration of in-house and supplier production processes, their requirements and standards. Collaboration with process engineering and suppliers.
- Documentation of design and FEA results in standardized reports. Filing of results and reports in standard folder structure/PDM system.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and working in compliance to design guidelines. Contribute to new guidelines and their enhancements.
- Constant enhancement of own knowledge by using global lessons learned/best practices and using latest design and engineering tools.
- Data exchange/transfer to customers and suppliers.
- Internal support to project teams.
- Contribution to OEM presentations.
- BS in technical field preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Two years’ experience designed of NVH Rubber Solutions for automotive industry preferred.
- CAD Skills-NX or Catia preferred.
- CAE Skills-Abaqus, Marc, and/or Hyperworks preferred.
- Automotive Chassis & Suspension Dynamics product knowledge.
Candidates for positions with Vibracoustic must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Vibracoustic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Vibracoustic offers a solid track record of growth and expansion in the highly competitive automotive industry as well as a complete benefits package including health/prescription/dental options, vision insurance, short term disability, LTD option, basic life insurance, additional life insurance amounts available including spouse and dependent child coverage through payroll deduction, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a company match.
Please apply online at: http://www.vibracoustic.com/en/careers/vacancies
Vibracoustic USA Inc., 400 Aylworth Ave., South Haven, MI 49090-1796.