- Support design and development activities on VPS power supply products. Design activities include, but not limited to:
- Build circuits on breadboards to test new electrical circuitries.
- Perform electrical evaluation of products.
- Collect and prepare data from a wide variety of experiments, electrical testing, and analytical evaluations.
- Perform failure analysis using a variety of analytical techniques.
- Process prototype kits for verification testing and design approval for the qualification of products.
- Use technical skills in engineering analysis, coupled with technical skills in high frequency switch mode power supplies and topologies for power supply circuits / systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to evaluate electrical components and circuitry for use in complex power components.
- Support sustaining engineering activities for the existing product lines.
- Support existing product designs and customer interface with Sales and Applications Engineering.
- Design elements include electrical design, component selection, simulation/test, PCB layout and assembly and product specification.
- Develop product planning schedules, write test and qualifications plans and originate objective specifications.
- Work closely with internal organizations to ensure smooth introduction and manufacture of highly reliable product.
- Provide full product documentation, which includes bill of materials, test specifications and assembly and PC board drawings.
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- 5+ years of experience in switch mode power supply design
- Extensive knowledge of high frequency switching power supply topologies, and control architectures
- Specific power conversion design skills include: high frequency magnetic design, power conversion circuit design and analysis, circuit simulation, layout considerations, feedback control theory, and EMC compliance.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent team and individual contributor leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with simulation tools (SIMetrix/SIMPLIS, Pspice, OrCAD, Mathcad, MATLAB, Excel, etc.).
- Experience and working knowledge of firmware is a plus
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability