Rochester Gauges, LLC., established in 1950 enjoys an enviable reputation as an industry leader in the manufacturing of high quality electro/mechanical liquid level sensors for its OEM customers.
Design and develop cost effective products that meet our customer’s requirements through customization of existing product designs, or developing new product designs. The project engineer owns the design process from concept through production to end of life. The project engineer will lead cross-functional teams through the design process to ensure time to market, product cost, total project cost, application critical to quality features, design for manufacturability, design for six sigma and overall long term product quality goals are met.
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related Engineering degree. 10+ years of Engineering experience with a focus on product design.
- Focus on design experience of sensors including mechanical and electrical sensing applications. 3D modeling experience required.
- Experience leading cross functional teams is preferred.
- Experience with PDM systems a plus.
- Lean manufacturing experience is a plus.
High paced design and development environment. Time sensitive projects with significant impact to company growth and revenue. Occasional exposure to factory operations requiring PPE such as protective eyewear. *
Duties and Responsibilities:
Designs new products (end items and components) in accordance with project plans and schedules.
2. Develops and maintains design requirement specifications for new products.
3. Creates 3D models of new designs with the use of Solidworks for use in conceptual planning and marketing and for detailed design work supporting analysis, tooling, drawing documentation and Customer assembly model needs.
4. Performs critical fit analysis and stress analysis to optimize designs prior to tooling.
5. Produces drawings that are accurate and toleranced for mating parts fit and function.
6. Performs Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) on all new end item designs, taking into account every related subassembly and component and ranking the failure modes to establish a priority system for design improvements.
7. Leads cross functional teams to optimize new designs to meet quality, cost and schedule requirements driven by specific Customer requirements or market needs.
8. Modifies plans and designs as required to meet Customer requirements.
9. Completes design verifications and validations of new designs.
10. Produces technical data sheets and instructions related to new product design support.
11. Writes test reports as required to document verification and validation activities.
12. Reviews first article reports and makes recommendations on discrepant dimensions.
13. Reviews rejection reports and makes recommendations on disposition.
**Only Local Candidates will be considered.**
**We do not Sponsor Visas **
**No Agencies or Headhunter Services***