Title: Designer/Drafter II
Location: Waukesha WI
Duration: 12 Months
Join a high-performing team that is creating the brilliant factory of the future to make the world’s fastest CT detector components. Use CAD software to create mechanical and electromechanical drawings for a new test equipment platform being designed and prototyped onsite. Make decisions on material/component selection and fabrication with input from engineers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce drawings and models of prototype equipment from existing mechanical structures, sketches, and brainstorming discussions.
- Work with engineers to produce a design that meets all requirements.
- Use Creo CAD software to create 3D models and 2D drawings for manufacturing of components.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed including prints, bills of materials, and related specifications.
- Participate in design reviews with a larger audience of engineers, and designers.
- Associate’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technologies or a technical degree from a recognized CAD training school.
- Three or more years of Computer Aided Design/drafting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate in local language.
- Experience with Creo 4 & Wind chill.
- Knowledge of engineering tools and processes.
- Experience with design of x-ray testing equipment for manufacturing use.
- Experience with mechanical fixture manufacturing.
- Ability to interact with vendors.