Summary of Position:
The Desktop Engineer Level One role provides first line support for all IT requests. Responsibilities include ensuring that all requests are responded to and routed within our one hour SLA as well as provide basic troubleshooting for all computer systems, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals within the organization so that end users can accomplish business tasks. The Desktop Engineer will troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user assistance where required. The Desktop Engineer is also responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations.
Strategy & Planning
- Works as part of Information Technology team to accomplish Association goals. Supports all internal team members and departments following the Association mission and values while promoting Association culture.
- Accurately document all IT support requests
- Provides first-level contact and end-user support for all users via phone and email.
- Monitors emails and support tickets to track problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the life cycle of the service request, including detailed documentation as well as escalation
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop and mobile device problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, mobile devices and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding problems related to desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Works on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote department’s success.
- Essential Technical Skills/Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or related fields or equivalent knowledge and/or 3-5 years work experience.
- Experience working in a formal service desk structure and associated ITSM ticketing systems Heat, Jira, Service Now etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office applications, iOS, Android, Microsoft Office 365
- Certifications (preferred but not required): Microsoft Windows Desktop Certification, CompTIA A+
- Mac OS experience a plus!
- Essential Skills/Knowledge:
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network, desktop, laptop, mobile device hardware and operating systems.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products, independently using documentation and online resources.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of applicable security practices and laws
- Essential Requirements:
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals