This position is part of Chevron's Information Technology Company. Onsite Western Region Desktop Support Team. The team provides various IT support services to the company's facility in San Ramon CA.
Level 1 and Level 2 support including but not limited to;
• Perform desk-side support service per Chevron’s pre-defined/location specific service process
• Perform video conferencing end user support and meeting setup
• Manage workflow and service request through Chevron’s call ticketing system (Remedy)
• Imaging/Re-Imaging end user desktop and laptop machines
• Software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for end users
• Hardware and Software upgrades
• Performance of IT support duties as defined by the appropriate team lead
• General Desktop Support/Project Coordination/Move activities
• High level of customer focus and strong customer support commitment.
• Facilitates communication with customers, CVX partners, and vendors.
• Support and assist colleagues; commit to and be accountable for overall group success.
• Work with other support groups and vendors to provide seamless support to customers.
• Monitor, analyze and address reliability and performance issues.
• Analyze problems, develop creative solutions and assess risks/benefits.
• Develop strategies for resolving them and preventing future occurrences.
• Work with 3rd level support group to assist with application design/development/upgrade testing and implementation.
• Assess and address compliance with applicable IP Policies, Standards and Technical Controls. Continually keep abreast of and understand Chevron's IP policies, standards and technical controls and compliance process. Advocate and promote IP awareness and compliance.
• Document supported system and application procedures and processes.
• Keep abreast of technology changes and Chevron's operating environment changes to assess potential impact to supported systems and applications and to proactively look for opportunities to improve service and/or reduce costs.
• Participate in Change Management Process (scheduled outages).
• Occasional after-hours and weekend support is required. (Not at all frequent)
Skill and Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years IT Work experience preferred
• Demonstrated expertise in configuring, installing and troubleshooting PC systems, Microsoft Vista and Windows 7, MS office applications and Outlook, network configuration, and memory management.
•Working knowledge of remote access: Remote Desktop and Virtual Private Network
•Must be customer focused and have effective productivity/work output
•Must be a team player and able to work with minimal supervision
•Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems or Computer Science (preferred, but not required)
•Experience using administrative tools and working knowledge of MS Active Directory, Exchange 2007, 2010, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP (preferred, but not required)
•Experience working in a wireless network environment
•Working knowledge of troubleshooting ticketing systems such as Remedy
•Working knowledge of troubleshooting Video Conference systems – Tandberg, IOCom a plus
Lean Sigma experience is a plus.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.