Apex Systems is looking to hire a Technical Desktop Support resource for a high profile client in Stamford, CT!
This is part of a Global Banking and Markets group. They have about 20 people that sit at this site (mostly traders). This person will join a team of 2 to support these traders on daily basis and assist with any pending projects.
Client Job Description:
This position is responsible for the day to day operations and support of the staff in Stamford, with the additional responsibilities of managing the department while the IT manager is not onsite.
- Provide a team oriented approach to ensure a high level of customer service for all members of staff as well as visitors to the Stamford Office.
- Communicates with teams in London, New York, Boston, Spain as required.
- Monitor facility issues, including computer room HVAC, Generator, UPS, Office HVAC Install, operate and maintain network services, routers, hubs, switches, modems and other network devices following technical plans.
- Resolve complex network communications problems for 3rd party trading applications.
- Install or repair Windows computers with both standard and nonstandard applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving problems that develop in their operations.
- Respond to user questions and explain the operation of network applications and equipment.
- Assist in the maintenance of standards and documentation.
- Ensure anti-virus software is installed, properly configured, and regularly updated.
- Maintain servers and network hardware.
- Install and configure local area data communications networks which may carry data, voice and video communications following organization standards.
- Windows server administration (hardware and OS support).
- Active Directory User Account creation and management.
- Responsible for tape backups, restores, and offsite storage.
- Setup and Troubleshoot ITS Turrets, and Avaya Telephone systems.
- Manage Citrix connectivity for all users to a Citrix Farm in UK. Be able to troubleshoot any issues related to Citrix.
- Financial Market Data software support (e.g. Bloomberg, BrokerTec, TradeWeb, WallStreet, Loanet, Global 1, FedWire and FedLine).
- Direct support for Operations Department (unlocking trades, assuring data arrival, working on contingency plans for clearing money in case of outages, etc).
- Ability to build and develop relationships with all levels of management in a multinational culturally diverse company.
- Must be able to identify, assess, resolve promptly, and communicate if necessary IT issues, to either other members of the local IT staff or members of the teams location in other locations.
- Maintain and ensure that all sensitive company data remains confidential.
- Knowledge of the Broker Dealer, and Wholesale banking business
- Must have experience in managing and building a Disaster Recovery site. Candidate must have worked on a Trade Floor with a “Hot or Live” Disaster Recovery site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Finance is required, plus significant training in network installation, operations and troubleshooting.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience (1-3 yrs. directly in Trade Floor support) installing and supporting local area networks and workstations under very stressful time constraints.
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory in specific field. Stay on top of the latest technologies for all things relating to the role.
- Ability to work with Senior Management.
- Fluent both in oral and written communications. Have the ability to be able to explain what technical things mean to non-technical individuals.
- Candidate needs experience with high level excel spreadsheet calculations.
- Multi-tasking while keeping same level of high level service is very important. Keeping your cool under pressure is a MUST for this role.
- 3-5 Years’ experience with Bloomberg trading application.
If you or someone you know is interested in discussing, please give Megan Tracey a call at 732-744-0222 and send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.