• Provides on-site desktop and other technical support to users in research labs and academic administration, including support solutions customized for the needs of particular research or administrative working groups.
• Performs basic installations, repairs, upgrades, and maintenance on hardware, software, computer peripherals and computer-aided scientific research equipment.
• Troubleshoots technical problems, answers customer questions and resolves issues. Occasionally refers issues/questions to appropriate personnel/manager for follow-up, but resolves most issues independently and without referral.
• Instructs users in the operation and appropriate usage of systems/equipment.
• Provides procurement recommendations and technical specifications for departmental purchasing.
• Performs ongoing analysis of local computing environment and makes recommendations for technology or process improvements.
• Assists in the analysis of technical products, systems and/or software. May take lead role in technology evaluation projects or technology implementation projects.
• Performs testing for product evaluation and deployment projects and works with the user base to assure that the solutions meet requirements.
• Performs or updates inventory as appropriate.
• Updates tickets and assignments according to established procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Three or more years of field support experience.
• Experience working with a variety of operating systems and software; at minimum must have experience with either Mac OS or Windows OS; experience with both preferred.
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through issues to resolution.
• Ability to interact with individuals at all levels within an organization, including IT staff, faculty and research staff, clinicians and clinical staff, administrators and students.
• Knowledge of academic and/or research operations and the use of information system applications in an academic environment is preferred but not required.
• Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients.
• May be required to take university driving course to operate golf cart for transporting equipment