At NCI, our strength and success lie in one another united in a single purpose:We Create Great Building Solutions Every Day.
Metallic Building Company manufactures and designs custom metal buildings of the highest quality, durability and longevity. Based in Houston, Texas, the company serves national and international markets through its strong network of builders and nearly 7-million square feet of manufacturing space strategically located throughout the continental U.S. and in Mexico.
Established in 1946, Metallic Building Company is one of the five original founders of the Metal Building Manufacturer’s Association (MBMA). Metallic is a leading division of NCI Building Systems, one of the largest integrated manufacturers and marketers of custom metal buildings in North America.
Drafting expertise and AutoCAD efficiency – This role requires a strong focus on the technical ability required to assigned metal building systems. The substantial work of this role is to provide complete and accurate preparations of projects of assigned classification. In addition, the ability to utilize AutoCAD for the generation of "permit", "approval" and/or "construction" drawings is required. A minimum 5 years of experience in pre-engineered metal building is required. Knowledge of 3D software such as Tekla is a plus.
This position is expected to perform as a vital member of a world class engineering organization. Focuses will be on continuous productivity improvements without loss of accuracy or completeness and reduction of manufacturing costs through utilization of standard parts whenever possible. Accurate, thorough, and, easy to erect buildings
will play a key role in achieving customer satisfaction. Due to the high amount of
interaction with others, this role will require people skills and operational discipline.
As a drafter I am accountable to my Drafting Manager and/or Drafting Supervisor for:
- Neat, accurate, easy-to-follow fabrication documents that follow the design calculations and are within the manufacturing limitations.
- Neat and accurate permit, approval and erection drawings that adhere to the requirements of the purchase order, and provide detailed information necessary to erect materials.
- Maintaining a tight schedule that often has late-addition requirements or changes in priority.
- Communicating needs and difficulties to all members of the team to assure quick disposition of problems.
- Promptly returning calls, e-mails and other correspondence that may originate from customers, design, or manufacturing when they require assistance at no cost to the schedule.
- Providing expertise to quickly solve field problems and provide the necessary documentation to customer service at no cost to the schedule.
- Continually improving productivity, accuracy and ability so that I may expand my area of expertise.
- Make it a priority to advance the capabilities of those that I work with that are lesser experienced.
- Protecting the company's interest when investigating field modifications.
- Working extra hours to move forward on a deadline when I am asked to.
- Understanding my role in the overall system and be willing to step outside that role when required by my manager.
- Responsible for providing and/or receiving back checking comments as an integral part of growth & training.
Drafter IV – This is the role of a senior drafter with previous metal building detailing experience. In addition to the role of the Drafter III, this role will require
mastery of the highest complexity work. Responsibilities as mentor, trainer and project coordinator in conjunction with application of technical skills are expanded at this level while requiring continued focus on accuracy of product, on time delivery and multi tasking of projects.
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.