Our Platform Operations team is transitioning the development and growth of their team while practicing the DevOps philosophy. Currently, our Client is transitioning to and developing a deployment and operations based platform capable of delivering the following practices:
- Representing infrastructure as software
- Abstracting multi-cloud IaaS APIs into a common Ops Services API
- Declarative provisioning and deployment architectures
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Helping design, build, and support multi-platform build environments and automations supporting both OS and container-based orchestration pipelines. Support and shared accountability for all production environments.
- Supporting Continuous Integration via our automated CD oriented deployment framework
- Helping design, build, and support continuous delivery in a multi-cloud environment
- Helping design, build, and support an Ops as a Service suite of apps and API's to provide a consistent interface and common conventions for deploying and managing applications in a multi-cloud environment.
Encompassing the philosophies and practices above, our core objectives are to adhere to requirements dealing with:
- Time to value
- Speed of deployment (cycle time)
- Focus on the customer experience - performance and resiliency of our deployed apps
- Reduce challenges related to Development and Operations collaboration
- Management, configuration, and support of our containerized environments
- Support of the deployment platform - analyze and fix bugs/defects discovered
- Help document and provide tier-2 and tier-3 level support to our NOC team
- Help log and help manage JIRA task and support ticket queues
- Demonstrable experience configuring, building, and supporting apps and operations in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Proficient and demonstrable software development experience in at least one of the following languages: Python/Ruby, Go/NodeJS, and Bash.
- Experience building and deploying in a modern, container-based environment (Docker-based preferred; utilizing Kubernetes as the orchestration layer)
- Experience in the operational concerns of managing micro-services architectures (service registration, discovery, resiliency)
- A clear understanding of the practice driven around and the development of a DevOps based release platform * Experience with Infrastructure as Software (IaS). Leveraging cloud APIs, configuration management, and other cloud provisioning tools and frameworks to deploy all aspects of an Infrastructure (VM's, containers, cluster management tools, networking, load balancers, service discovery, and the apps that consume them).
- Experience in the process of transitioning to DevOps practices - includes an understanding of best practices, e.g. both cultural and tactical implementation strategies (e.g. GIT branch strategies) and integration strategies and analysis of related tools.
- Experience developing and supporting automation tools to support IAAS
- Well versed with and working knowledge of other associated software deployment tools - SCM (GIT), CI tools (Jenkins CI), Artifact repositories, Issue management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Crowd)
- Experience configuring, enabling, and supporting IAM services
- Strong working knowledge of the following scripting languages: Python, Bash
- Working knowledge of the following software tools: Maven, Gradle
- Experience in supporting Test Driven and Agile Development
- Strong team collaborative skills and background
- A self-driven individual who can take general directions and objectives and drive them towards successful project delivery.
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Amy at 201-226-3507 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: Perm
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client's needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: http://bit.ly/HbMCareers