RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Baltimore, Maryland (MD) that is seeking a DevOps Engineer.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for working with our development and operations teams to enhance our companies progress towards the client's DSP. You'll be heavily involved with all our technical infrastructure, from designing, maintaining, and implementing infrastructure and CI/CD tools. The core focus will be on helping our development teams consolidate and move our current technical infrastructure to a more secure and consolidated state such that the teams focus can be on the development details for future consolidation efforts. The client has a Linux shop.
- AWS - ECS, Cloud formation, ECS, etc.
- CICD Pipelines - using tools like Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Artifactory, etc.
- Scripting languages - like Python, Shell scripting, etc.
- Security focused, best practices, implementation
- Version control and code review systems such as Git and Stash
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience with CICD tools like Chef and Jenkins
- Proven experience of building and managing continual automation/deployment/delivery environments
- Experience running infrastructures on cloud platforms, appreciation for their failure modes, and a good understanding of network concepts and fundamentals
- Excellent systems and database experience, with an understanding of the challenges involved in designing and building distributed/microservice environments
- Strong AWS integration experience using Cloud Formation and terraform
- Strong coding skills - Python, Java, C, C++, Perl
- Virtualization and cloud technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, OpenStack, Kubernetes and Terraform
- A willingness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies
- A passion for metrics and data-driven decision making
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.