PURPOSEThe Development Operations Engineer will work collaboratively with the Systems Operations team, Applications Development team and Rackspace team, to deploy and operate the systems at Worldwide Express. This position will help automate and streamline the operations and processes and build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES:
- Build process, procedures, and controls for applications development team around source control.
- Partner with project manager and application developers for successful release management.
- Support and maintain Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket and other related software products to assist in source control, migration, and change management.
- Perform system administration tasks in Linux and Windows Servers, including maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration, software installation, upgrades, and backup/recovery.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages such as Shell/Ruby/Python/Ansible/Puppet/Chef tools.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve system and network monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures.
- Manage relations with different teams and at various locations.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for CMS, ITSM, Change control, and other system operation process’s.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- 3+ years of related experience.
- 5+ RHEL systems administration
- Strong experience with DevOps technologies including Source Code Control, Build/Deployment Management, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with developing branching Strategy for GIT and Bitbucket Source Control Management tools.
- Strong scripting skills to automate infrastructure monitoring and the deployment of software releases to development, UAT, and production environments.
- Excellent knowledge of the operating system(s) and automation tools.
- Excellent knowledge of source control and migration software.
- Knowledge of migrating code, database changes, through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Knowledge of how IT operations are managed.
- Knowledge of Cloud technology’s, AWS, AZURE…., and the services they provide.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Ability to handle projects for integration of Bitbucket and Jenkins, specifically in Agile development environment, working closely with various Applications Development teams.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Problem solving.
- Technical Expertise.
- Communication/Collaboration with all levels.
- Data management.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO GIVING YOU:
- A competitive Salary
- Advancement opportunity
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) program