DEVOPS ENGINEER - PERM - DURHAM, NC
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
* Keep our production, test, and development websites online and responsive.
* Maintain and build on top of our existing Ansible playbooks and use Terraform to make our infrastructure repeatable
* Help design new parts of our architecture with Docker and Kubernetes.
* Build out modern systems and development environments that enable our expanding product engineering team.
* Take advantage of existing and upcoming Amazon Web Services (AWS) products to get the most of our infrastructure.
* Build automation tools and make our people and code as efficient as they can be.
* Monitor and track the metrics that impact our infrastructure and application code and find creative ways to improve our monitoring systems.
* Remove single points of failure.
DevOps Engineer Requirements:
* An understanding of Ruby on Rails, at least enough to understand code and contribute basic features.
* Experience running Ruby on Rails applications on AWS: EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS/MySQL, etc.
* An interest in modern technologies, like containerization, service-oriented architectures, and APIs.
* Virtualization experience
* Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and cache layers (memcached, Redis).
* Experience with cloud management (AWS, Google Cloud)
* Experience with Git.
* Experience with systems automation tools (Ansible preferred)
* Understanding of DNS and working knowledge of TCP/IP.
* Linux administration and command line experience (Debian-based preferred)
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.