Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to take part in creating a large software product development environment from the ground up? This is a very unique chance to make a major impact on one of the fastest growing software product teams in central Indiana. The Development Operations Engineer (DevOps) is responsible for supporting the software development ecosystem, managing cloud software deployment, and monitoring development, quality, and production environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Candidate will support the software development ecosystem, assisting developers in configuring the development and testing environments, and leading process improvement efforts for development operations.
- Be responsible for managing custom software deployment to cloud-based and/or internal environments.
- Monitor development, quality, and production environments for performance, stability, and cost
- Creation of dashboards via tools such as NewRelic to support environment monitoring.
- Work closely with the internal infrastructure team, as well as the rest of the product development staff.
- Contribute back to the Open Source community, where appropriate, by deploying non-proprietary component development to OS repositories
- Contribute to the Indianapolis area developer community, as well as the worldwide virtual community of software development
- Define infrastructure via cloud platforms and service vendors for custom software applications developed by the Product Development team
- Ensure that applications and APIs are accessible to users and customers
- Automation of up-time and status checking, and API availability status
- Automation of on-demand deployment of new testing, training, and demonstration environments of systems developed by the Product Development team
- Maintenance of images and backups of custom applications, as well as disaster recovery for cloud deployments
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years web development and/or sysadmin/cloud operations experience
- Experience maintaining Linux server environments
- Experience with Mac OS X support and configuration preferred
- Experience with Automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Capistrano
- Experience with public cloud deployments to environments such as Amazon EC2, Heroku, or Rackspace and Private cloud deployments to environments such as Hyper-V, VMWare or OpenStack
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Previous experience in a team environment preferred