DevOps Engineer - PERM - New York, NY - $150-200K
DevOps Engineer - PERM - New York, NY
Our team is expanding and seeking a DevOps Engineer. We're looking for independent thinkers that want to take ownership of parts of the stack and guide the technological decision-making of a young company.
We're facing a variety of hard data processing problems and are looking for people excited about tackling them. Many of these problems are open-ended and the people we hire can select the appropriate tech to address them. In addition, we have a web app implemented in Python / Flask / PostgreSQL / AngularJS which needs to be expanded and maintained.
We are a well-funded startup offering full benefits and competitive compensation This position will be full-time. We prioritize work/life balance.
* Responsible for deploying, automating, and maintaining AWS cloud based system
* Identify innovative and automated solutions to problems and implement them
* Monitor system performance and implement monitoring tools and alerts
* System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform
* Suggesting architecture and process improvements
* Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
* 3+ years of DevOps in a Linux environment
* Familiarity and experience working with AWS cloud-based system
* Can-do approach towards automation, management and continuous improvement
* Experience with relational databases
* Detail-oriented with the ability to learn new concepts and technologies
* Experience working on an Agile Scrum Team
* Experience in a startup environment a plus
DevOps Engineer Skills & Requirements:
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
This position is NOT eligible for subcontractors or those that require sponsorship
Technology - Chef software
Work with startup
Experience with building products
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting opportunity, Hays provides full benefits at virtually no cost to you.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
* ATOP - Accrued time off program
* Consultant lunches and outings
* Care packages/Survival packs
* Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.