RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a DevOps Manager in Beaverton, Oregon (OR).
We are an Agile team seeking a DevOps Manager specializing in e-Commerce who is a self-starter that can solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and collaborate well with team members. We are responsible for a large-scale c-Commerce/B2B web site. Our site is growing rapidly and we are expanding our team. This position will be responsible for the upkeep of our websites, customer channel adoption, and coordinating the efforts of product development teams with that of operations teams.
As a DevOps Manager, you will be heavily involved in both the worlds of development and operations. You will play a key role in the development of new ideas for products and services and manage the process of turning these ideas into realities. This could include participating in product brainstorming meetings, overseeing the creation of product mock-ups, and identifying possible design flaws until the resulting product is satisfactory. On the operations end, you may work to set up the process by which the product will be produced on a larger scale and figure out how it will be distributed to consumers.
- Assist in website testing and enhancements on an ongoing basis by working with the development and creative teams
- Work with developers and database teams to create structured processes to streamline both development and builds of code
- Ensure that product code is published in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist Director of Technology with making sure e* commerce initiatives are implemented and supported by different departments
- Implement processes to continue customer growth and simplify manual procedures
- Manage a team of QA Devs and customer service reps to ensure code quality and voice of the customer
- Manage test and production environments as well as build servers and operation services needed for development
- 3+ year experience working on an e-Commerce website
- Understand the software development life cycle
- Understanding of source control and VSTS operations
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong email and online communication
- Ability to talk with customers and technical team
- Analytical skills and organizational ability is a must
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and contribute to the group
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Ability to work with and understanding windows and Linux networking in order to coordinate efforts with Network Admins on server needs
- Forward thinking, resourceful, and willing/able to work with different departments
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.