Acuity, Inc. is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards. We are looking for new talent to add to our growing team and are currently hiring for a DevSecOps Architect.
Acuity Inc. is seeking a highly skilled DevSecOps Architect/SME.
Do you have a passion for American interests and want to be an essential part in safeguarding our Nation, while building a meaningful and rewarding career? Come explore a career with Acuity. We support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and their DHS components to work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters.
The primary purpose of this leadership position is to serve as the technical SME relating to DevSecOps Architecture, and is responsible for security, enterprise architecture, enterprise systems, service oriented architectures, and interoperability. Solid experience deploying applications in the cloud, working in agile and DevOps methodologies within large scale application development environment. Demonstrated direct hands-on experience in architecting and growing flexible, scalable, and highly-available systems. The DevSecOps Architect shall provide expertise in design of services and systems in the support of the Agency's applications and its security. This will include service specifications to architect high-performing enterprises, integration specifications, and its associated DevSecOps models.
To be successful in this role you must be:
- Passionate about identifying constraints/bottlenecks in engineering lifecylces and automating them
- Focused on building a culture of collaboration, transparency, and automation
- Accomplished with multiple toolsets in building fully automated CI/CD pipelines with a focus on automating database, code, and infrastructure deployments.
- From a tooling perspective, accomplished with leveraging Amazon Web Services Software Development Kit (SDK) with grounded understanding of AWS services and best practices in terms of their application, CloudFormation Templates, Infrastructure as Code Configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.), CI/CD tools (Jenkins etc.), Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Splunk, New Relic, and the likes etc.),
- Experienced with Cloud Native and Hybrid architectures
- Experienced with Containerization technologies (Docker, containerd etc.) and Container Platform and Orchestration tools (Kubernetes, runc, OpenShift)
- Able to design data, system, and component architectures; and design and share in simple language with executive leadership
- Experienced with Agile methodologies especially TDD and Scrum; Kanban is a plus
High preference for individuals with also the following:
- Must have at least 10 years of experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments involving DevSecOPs and technical architecture specifically
- Must possess at least 3 years of experience in strong AWS architecture and design, deploying enterprise applications
- Must have demonstrated project management skills
- Must have direct hands-on experience in architecting and growing flexible, scalable, and highly-available systems
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact and be involved with client negotiations and interfacing with senior management
- Must have proven knowledge of Change and Configuration Management best practices (knowledge of DHS Change Management Processes preferred)
- Must have experience leading and collaborating with technical teams of diverse IT related skill sets
Education and experience requirement:
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study, (with preference for Masters degree), AND at least 10 years in IT related experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance