Developer Relations Engineer, Developer Programs and Evangelism – North America, Kirkland, WA
Status: Full time, employee
Job Category: Marketing, Software Development
Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years experience with mobile/embedded development
Education Level: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Travel Requirements: up to 25%
Location: Kirkland, Washington
Are you looking for more than a “job”? An opportunity to work with smart, driven people and apply your intellectual horsepower and passion to empower thousands of global companies to bring everything from the novel to the lifesaving to millions of people around the world? Then you should read on. The Bluetooth industry is booming with close to five billion Bluetooth-enabled devices projected to ship annually by 2018. That’s double the amount from just three years ago and this number is expected to double again over the next 4 years.
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), the company at the heart of the Bluetooth industry is hiring! This is a chance to work in a fast-paced small company culture, making a big impact for thousands of technology companies and in turn, billions of users around the world. You’ve heard about the internet of things (IoT), now you have an opportunity to help bring it to reality. Bluetooth technology is the magic behind thousands of products like wireless speakers, cars and new multi-billion dollar markets like wearables, beacons and smart homes, buildings, and cities.
We are looking for a Developer Relations Engineer - North America who is passionate about technology evangelism and software development to help us grow the awareness, understanding and adoption of Bluetooth technology in developer communities. You will be part of Bluetooth SIG’s developer relations team which consists of a global, energetic, and enthusiastic group of software developers that speak at events, write articles, blog posts and technical papers, conduct webinars and create educational kits that help developer communities better understand Bluetooth technology and all of its possibilities. You and your team play an instrumental role in building and nurturing a vibrant developer community that is passionate about Bluetooth technology.
The right candidate will have a deep passion and appreciation for software development, the Internet of Things, vertical markets and consumer devices of all types. You will represent the Bluetooth SIG by speaking at the most prominent industry events and as well as in smaller meetings with decision makers and developers. So the candidate will possess excellent communication skills that will allow them to engage hundreds of people at once or drive in-depth discussions with senior technical leaders.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Engaging with developers to evangelize Bluetooth technology and help drive the expanding wave of innovative Bluetooth-enabled products and solutions.
- Presenting at conferences, hosting webinars and creating cool content and demos to help developers get up to speed fast on Bluetooth development.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for our training and other internal teams to create more effective tools and processes for helping Bluetooth developers.
- Interact with developers and use their feedback to help grow and improve the engagement with each development communities.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of mobile/embedded software development experience working in multiple hands-on roles.
- Programming experience with Bluetooth Low Energy (or similar wireless technology) a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and public speaking skills with ability to communicate technical developer issues and concepts clearly.
- Experience with vertical markets or the Internet of Things (IoT) a plus.
- Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Willingness to travel (both nationally and some internationally)
The Bluetooth SIG, Inc. has an excellent benefits package including heath, prescription drug, short-term and long-term disability, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, and 401(k).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bluetooth SIG, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, National Guard or reserve unit obligation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with applicable federal and state law, Bluetooth SIG, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment to a job, employment practice, or the work environment that makes it possible for an individual with a disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.