The Legal Aid Society is a growing and dynamic advocacy organization that provides free civil legal services to low income people. We are hiring a development associate to be part of our expanding development team. This fast paced environment requires a candidate who is well organized and adept at communications and development.
Reports to: Director of Development
- Manage Development Database, including generating standard and nonstandard reports and ensuring the quality and accuracy of information entered into the system;
- Assist with planning and coordination of fundraising and outreach events and activities,
- Assist in the implementation of supporter and donor stewardship and cultivation strategies and activities including regular acknowledgements;
- Manage small donor portfolio and conduct donor research.
- Assemble grants attachments and data.
- Assist with mail and on-line appeals and other donor communications; and
- Research relevant foundations, law firms, corporations and individuals for giving potential as well as to follow philanthropic trends.
- Write personalized donor acknowledgement letters and follow up on pledges
- Assist with implementation of Communications plan re: Constant Contact, Social Media, Email and Letter merges; research and remain current on relevant emerging social media tools and crowd funding opportunities.
- Assist in drafting press releases.
- Work with Webmaster to make sure website is current and web functionality projects are implemented.
- Manage print jobs and publication timelines
- Daily responsibility for content and graphic creation on social media platforms Twitter, Facebook
- Update Constant Contact
- Excellent organizational and communications skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task; excellent writing skills essential
- Experience working with at least one Donor Management system
- Familiarity with Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Understanding of donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship concepts and procedures;
- BA and 1-3 years of related experience;
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred and
- A passion for working in the non-profit sector. Commitment: Full-time, immediate availability
Salary: $42,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience; generous benefits
Application Deadline: August 3, 2018
Any applications that do not have a cover letter, resume and writing sample will not be considered.
To apply, please go to www.lasnny.org OR Click the Apply Now Button
We are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, the elderly, LGBTQ persons, Protected Veterans and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.