Development and Foundation Director
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field. Five (5) years of progressive experience in Public Relations, Marketing & Promotions, or Fund-raising required. Valid NYS driver’s license acceptable to Agency insurance standards required.
The Director of Development is responsible for developing and implementing an annual Development Plan for Saratoga Bridges Foundation. The Development plan will include planning, organizing, and directing all of Saratoga Bridges fundraising including: the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Foundation Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors. Maximizes the community awareness and revenue streams necessary for a strong foundation. Reports to the Executive Director.
- Develops, implements and monitors an annual development plan to enhance and enrich Saratoga Bridges’ foundation.
- Educates and supports Board members of Saratoga Bridges and Foundation Board in their role of development of the foundation.
- Provides direct supervision to Communication Specialist, Special Events Coordinator and Development Assistant.
- Identifies and cultivates potential donors for the planned giving program – “The Beacon Society” as well as the endowment fund. Provides educational materials to boards and families regarding planned giving program.
- Produces materials for and coordinates mailings with Development Assistant for all campaigns.
- Plans, directs and evaluates all major Saratoga Bridges special events in the community, including but not limited to, the annual Saratoga Bridges Gala, Saratoga
- Bridges Day at the Races, The Great Pumpkin Challenge, J. Michael Fitzgibbons Golf Classic, Spratt Family Golf Tournament and all other fun raising events.
- Supervises other special events organized by Saratoga Bridges programs, departments and service sites for fund raising or public relations purposes
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications and stewardship.
- Identifies and develops business support and corporate sponsorship for Saratoga Bridges fund raising events.
- Builds a strong link to Saratoga Bridges volunteers, sponsors, vendors, and participants.
- Monitors annual budget for Saratoga Bridges Foundation.
- Participates in Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce, Association of Fundraising Professionals and other appropriate business and professional groups.
- Oversees all publicity and promotion for all Saratoga Bridges related events and campaigns including display advertising, press releases, radio and television advertising, social media, website, promotional appearances, and calendar listings.
- Works with IT department to update and improve Foundation, Special Event and donation information on the website.
- Works with other departments to promote individuals, staff, programs and the organization in general, through PR and marketing, networking and strategies to heighten awareness.
- Monitors and assesses improvement to Raiser’s Edge database.
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner by observing all Agency safety rules, procedures and practices.
- Performs all other activities as specified by the Executive Director.
40 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year