Headquartered in Orange County California, our company is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
The company offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more. Great opportunity for the right person.
Reporting to the Director, Software Development, this position will take principal responsibility for oversight of much of the Company’s software development projects, managing a team of engineers and systems analysts. This position will participate in the full SDLC process and is responsible for oversight of the implementation of software products that meet business requirements and adhere to architecture and compliance guidelines. This position will also work with the peer-level QC organization, technical product owners and architects, line business units and senior management to create innovative solutions that utilize the latest web-based technologies to advance and promote the Company’s strategic and tactical objectives. Working on multiple, concurrent complex projects, this position is responsible for ensuring that proper SDLC discipline is continuously applied and that assigned projects arrive on time, defect-free and under budget.
· Development Program Management: Oversee, monitor and direct the Company’s software development efforts to ensure that timely delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet the Company’s business plan objectives
· Responsible for managing software development group and helping define the strategy and vision behind the department
· Technology Oversight: Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects
· Best Practice Mentorship: Provide leadership and guidance to members of the development team and perform code reviews to ensure software quality
· Vendor / Tool Analysis: Lead the evaluation of software targeted for possible integration into our environments, including strategic applications, tools and utilities
· Drive the implementation of product technical strategy
· Creation and delivery of detailed technical presentations
· Maintenance of product delivery schedules
· Preparation and presentation of delivery risk and cost estimates to Senior Management
· Participation in the strategic enterprise technology planning process
· Participation in the design and architecture of innovative solutions to business requirements
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar experience.
- Prior experience leading highly technical software development teams of 10 or more
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, principles, practices and procedures in professional software development including the complete SDLC process.
- Experience designing enterprise applications with enterprise workflow and business process integration components
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) in complex, heterogeneous environments
- Experience with deploying rich and/or web client applications in a high-availability, clustered environment
- Experience with logical data modeling and database stored procedure development
- Experience working in teams using Agile methodologies
- Experience working on large enterprise projects
- Experience with legacy systems and phased application integration
- Experience with organizational transformation and change management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and diagrammatic communication skills
- 7+ years of programming experience (at least 5 years of web application development)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies: Visual Studio, ASP.NET, C#, WCF and IIS
- Experience with at least one RDBMS, preferably Oracle
- Familiarity with the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Please send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
This is an equal opportunity employer.