Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.
This position is responsible for Integration and Yield Enhancement, Technology Transfer and New Product Introduction in the Infineon Wafer Fab in Temecula. Duties include (but are not limited to) product sustaining, project planning, device layout, coordinating and analyzing engineering experiments, supporting development activities, improving quality, or profit margin.
In your new role you will:
- Device physics knowledge. Ability to understand electrical characteristics of transistors/FETS, IGBT, Diodes, ICs
- Process and Process Integration knowledge
- Review, modify, and/or setup process flows for new technologies/products
- Able to understand device layout and circuit diagrams for the devices
- Able to perform/direct bench characterization of failures using a parameter analyzer
- Familiar with use of data analysis tools like JMP and other applications
- Interface with customers and offer advice/guidance/leadership on technical matters relating to their product responsibilities
- Work with Process Engineering and development teams to solve problems and/or define new processes
- Familiar with layout/CAD tools
You are best equipped for this job if you have:
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired by a completed BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics and 5+ years directly related experience
- Experience should be in a device, design, yield, or integration engineering discipline for semiconductor devices
- Good understanding of the interrelationship of technologies and their effect on product design, manufacturability, and reliability
- Skills and abilities to perform job include: strong analytical skills; strong oral and written communication; strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills; exercises mature judgment; ability to lead and influence others; leadership skills; strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel