Job Title: Diesel / Heavy Duty Truck Technician
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Diesel service technicians inspect, repair, or overhaul buses, trucks, and heavy equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test drive and inspect vehicles to diagnose malfunctions; consult with customer on diagnosis
- Read and interpret diagnostic test results
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment by using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts
- Adjust and align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and attach system components
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that they run correctly after repair
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Certificate from college or technical school;or six months to 1 year related experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CDL and DOT health card
All Candidates must pass a CORI check, criminal background check, MVR check and a Drug and Alcohol test
Great benefits, fantastic working culture and a growing, positive, hardworking environment.
Tri State Truck Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer **Actively Seeking Women and Minority Applicants***