Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It’s apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Tractor Technicians perform maintenance and part replacement procedures according to Dayton Freight Lines needs.
Other job duties include:
- Develop skills in the diagnosis and repair of all Dayton Freight tractor components
- Learn to perform preventative maintenance inspections and services
- Learn the tire maintenance program
- Perform service calls
- Wash and fuel equipment
- Participate in the care and upkeep of the Maintenance Shop, grounds and all equipment and tools
- Maintain a clean, safe environment that complies with DOT, EPA, OSHA and Company standards
- Become proficient in paperwork and recordkeeping in conjunction with the Parts Department, assure that all necessary materials, parts, service/shop supplies are maintained at proper quantity levels
- Effectively handle special assignments as directed
- Basic math skills
- Fluent in English
- Stable and growing organization
- Competitive weekly pay
- Quick advancement
- Laundered Uniforms
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
Keywords: maintenance technician, maintenance, maintenance tech, maintenance mechanic, general maintenance, maintenance manager, mechanic, diesel mechanic, motor, chassis, repair, engine, Diesel, Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Diesel Tech., Class 8 Truck Mechanic