The Electronic Hardware Digital Design Engineer, as a member of our hardware team of experts, contributes to the design, development and deployment of RFID Applications for our retail customers.
With little supervision, works creatively in a team-oriented environment to design solutions, meet deadlines, and complete difficult engineering assignments by demonstrating full competency in RFID technology and applying these skills to our product portfolio.
The successful candidate will contribute to our innovation team, assist substantively in planning technical aspects of the development projects, and then executing to it. They are responsible for their deliverables and, together with the team, for the entire application.
- Specify, design, and develop MCU based Digital Hardware systems and interfaces for new and existing products
- Research solutions to complex technical problems under specific performance, size, power and cost constraints, recommend viable and cost-effective approaches, select key components
- Review and analyze digital and analog hardware designs: part selection, schematic entry, layout, timing, signal integrity, derating, power consumption, test
- Work with CAD and Contract Manufacturer to produce prototypes and production grade boards
- Validate and trouble-shoot prototypes and production builds. Generate related reports
- Guide development of hardware test procedures for manufacturing of new and existing hardware
- Co-develop hardware with Firmware Engineers and FPGA Design Engineers; assist in board bring up
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years of experience with designing digital board level circuit design, simulation, layout and debug
- Working experience with DSP, microcontrollers (Microchip, Atmel, ARM Cortex M) and microprocessors (ADI Blackfin, ARM Cortex A) reference designs and development kits
- Working experience with memory devices and technologies – SRAM, SDRAM, DDR, Flash, EEPROM
- Working experience with peripheral interfaces, such as RS232, RS485, Ethernet, USB, I2C, SPI, LVDS
- Experience working with FPGAs (Xilinx Artix, Spartan, Zynq) and FPGA Design using Xilinx ISE/Vivado Design suites, Modelsim
- Experience using Mentor Graphics PADS or equivalent to produce mixed-signal schematics and PCB layout
- Experience using Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx for signal integrity analysis and simulation
- Experience developing low-power electronics is preferred
- Experience building and bringing up hardware for embedded Linux platform is preferred
- Complete the validation of their design and of the entire application to prove requirements are achieved
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of digital circuitry design principles, attributes, issues, component selection, and optimization strategies
- Working knowledge of hardware design for EMI/EMC Global compliance
- Ability to use Test equipment: oscilloscope, digital multi-meter and logic analyzer for design and trouble-shooting
- Knowledge of Embedded C, Matlab, Perl, Python programming is preferred
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Driven to work towards meeting project goals and deadlines
- Driven to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and co-workers
- RFID understanding desired
- Working knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio