Direct Marketing & Sales Manager – eCommerce Company
Company: Sper Scientific
Location: 8281 E. Evans Rd., Suite 103, Scottsdale, AZ85260
Job: Employee/ Full Time
Years of experience: B.A. in business, marketing or related field and/or 3+ years of successful experience in online and traditional marketing and SEO
Salary: $60,000/year plus 10 percent of year-over-year increase in gross profit.
About Sper Scientific:
For 35 years, Sper Scientific has been committed to manufacturing reliable environmental measurement instruments that help maintain regulatory compliance and provide safer work environments. We are a small but well established company located in the Scottsdale Airpark. The work environment is professional, smoke- and cell-phone free. Health & 401K benefits, paid vacation and holidays. Office hours are Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
About the Job:
The Direct Marketing and Sales Manager will oversee direct marketing and sales of the company’s products via online and traditional channels. A broad skill set is required, including marketing and sales strategy, client development and public relations. Occasional travel may be required to manage and staff trade show exhibits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sales on the company’s e-commerce site, SperDirect.com, and online marketplaces,
such as Amazon and eBay.
- Contacting customers and prospects via phone and email, and documenting these interactions using customer relationship management software, such as ACT!
- Email and direct mail strategies
- Online advertising strategies
- Search engine optimization
- Trade show management and exhibit staffing (occasional travel required)
- Social media content development and deployment
- Press release creation and media placement
- New market development
- Compilation of sales reports utilizing Microsoft Excel
- B.A. in business, marketing or related field and/or 3+ years of successful experience in online and traditional marketing and SEO
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Business references
- Understanding of online shopping carts, search engine optimization and Google Analytics
- Online advertising knowledge, including Google AdWords, Amazon Vendor and Seller platforms and AMS
- Experience using customer relationship management software, such as ACT!
- Experince with Email marketing platforms and marketing automation software
- Customer segmentation experience
- Experience usingExcel V look up.
- Familiarity with the environmental or scientific instrument industry