Are you seeking meaning and purpose in your work life? Do you want to help people discover their unique abilities, promote independence, create friendships, and make a difference every day? ACHIEVE has immediate openings for caring staff members who want to positively impact the people we serve!
Position: Direct Support Professional Part-Time Residence Aide (under 30 hrs/week - various locations available in Broome, Chenango, & Tioga counties)
A Direct Support Professional works as a part of our Site Based Services team: ACHIEVE offers residential opportunities through both 24-hour supervised homes, and supportive apartments in Broome, Chenango, and Tioga Counties. These houses provide a home for people with varying levels of developmental disabilities while also providing support during community activities and work.
These are a few of the things a Direct Support Professional will do:
- Provide training and assistance to the people who receive services in order to help them develop and/or improve independent living skills such as cooking, housekeeping, laundry skills, grocery shopping, etc.
- Provide assistance and training to people who receive services to assist them in developing and/or improving personal care skills; i.e. showering, tooth brushing, toileting, bathing, etc.
- Providing training in money management such as budgeting, banking and making appropriate purchases.
- Administering medications and documentation according to procedure.
- Accompanying people who live in the homes to the grocery stores and other stores for on-site training in purchasing.
- Transporting people who receive services and assisting with appointments, recreational and/or other activities as needed.
These are some Special Requirements of the position:
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
- Obtaining and maintaining certification in Medication Administration, CPR, First Aid and SCIP (this training and certification is provided by ACHIEVE.)
These are the Qualifications needed for the position. Prior experience is not necessary:
High School Graduate or GED with some knowledge of or experience working with developmentally disabled preferred.
A combination of education and experience that in the opinion of the reviewing agency meets or exceeds the above standards of the program
What attributes are we seeking???
Someone who has initiative and is: caring, respectful, positive, dependable, punctual, and likes to work as part of a close team.
Watch the video below to learn more about a career as a Direct Support Professional.