Title: Director, Analytics & Insights
Location: San Francisco, CA
Are you a person who can’t help but ask, “Why?” or “What If?” Do you have a knack for forming hypotheses, and using facts to analyze problems? Do you want to work on a fast paced, creative, collaborative globally oriented team that is dedicated to using your insights to drive action in digital programs? If so, we may have the job for you. You will need to have Brand Site Experience, Analytics Background, Tagging Site experience, someone that has worked w/Social Media Analytics - (Instagram/YouTube) Analytics and Measuring. Reporting to the VP, Global Ecommerce & CRM, the Director of Business Analytics will play a critical role in analyzing and producing critical insights to drive our global digital initiatives. This is a broad role that covers both day-to-day insights and big picture analysis, and will work with various cross-functional business partners to derive key insights to support their functional and strategic needs. This role will also manage the Digital/Data Analysts. Our ideal candidate has a strong business acumen, a deep analytical background with a willingness to dig into the data, and an ability to deliver actionable data-driven recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6-8 years of experience in business analysis, digital analytics, and/or marketing analytics.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced proficiency of Excel, along with other MS office products (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Proficient in querying, segmenting and modeling data from large datasets located in Google BigQuery and CRM databases.
- Experience working with BI tools like Tableau to connect and blend various datasets and publish unified dashboards.
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable insights, and communicate recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven track record of working well with business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current standards in digital and interactive marketing, including trends and best practices in order to improve efficacy of programs.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams in gathering business requirements and then interpreting into logic for technical teams to implement.
- Self-starter with proven ability to prioritize resources among multiple concurrent projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy, ‘find a way to win’ attitude.
- Previous experience in managing other analysts.
- Develop a customer centric view of reporting to drive business strategy forward.
- Identify gaps in understanding our global audience (brand affinities, purchase decisions, digital usage, etc…) to inform strategic briefs.
- Perform in-depth analyses on our various digital programs to identify key learnings and opportunity areas, as well as help set benchmarks.
- Track awareness, share of voice, and campaign KPIs to help inform future initiatives and strategy.
- Partner with our web and content teams on deep dive analyses into site performance and make business improvement recommendations.
- Derive customer insights from our CRM database, and work with ecommerce teams in testing and developing more targeted marketing campaigns.
- Present key findings based on qualitative and quantitative analysis to our leadership teams and key stakeholders.
- Turn complex data into simple insights.
- Provide expert guidance on western social platforms and global marketing channels such as Weibo, WeChat, Kakao, etc.
- Provide guidance on marketing / media test plans to determine highest ROI on activities.
- Train the digital team on how to effectively analyze data, and be the champion for using data to drive smarter business decisions across all our initiatives.
Reporting and Requirements
- Translate business needs into clear business requirements to measure and understand the success of our digital activities, and work to ensure the solution meets those requirements.
- Develop measurement of custom campaigns to drive performance and effectiveness.
- Be the subject matter expert for our Email Service Provider to help markets with more segmented or personalized messaging.
- Lead development of KPIs within the Global Digital Scorecard.
- Synthesize company strategy, market trends, platform trends, media budgets, and country capabilities to establish individual country goals.
Operations and Management
- Oversee and evolve our digital analytics systems, tools, and integrations, and ensure all business requirements and data integrity are maintained.
- Own data-related vendor relationships and departmental budget.
- Manage and mentor the Digital Analysts.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in digital and marketing analytics.
- Meet and evaluate new analytics solutions / start-ups to determine business fit.
- Research digital behavior & adoption in emerging markets and make recommendations on digital activities to our team.