Are you an experienced director with a passion for excellence? Have a heart for children and desire to work in a christian preschool with a vision for building little lives to their potential? GraceKids is opening July 30th at Liberty Crossings United Methodist Church and is seeking a founding director to lead the new program. Minimum 5 years experience in educational leadership at a child development center. Bachelors degree required. Above average wages, paid days off, paid in-service days.
Must have a positive attitude, a love for helping children learn, and a desire to provide excellence in early care and education. GraceKids will use a developmental curriculum in a Reggio inspried environment. All applications held in strict confidence to protect your current employment
- Develop, implement, and maintain a preschool program that meets all state licensing and accreditation standards.
- Direct the teachers and staff in the planning and implementation of a curriculum that is developmentally appropriate and reflects the core values of LCUMC Church and CDC.
- Provide direction to teachers on creating and maintaining a learning environment that is physically, emotionally, and spiritually conducive to optimum growth and development and meets all safety requirements.
- Develop and implement a marketing / advertising plan that creates interest in the preschool and fuels strong enrollment in the program.
- Keep current with the changing county and state standards, and make program changes as necessary. Function as the primary point of contact for parents and/or guardians on enrollment, assimilation, progress, and all other matters pertaining to the preschool to include the development of an Advisory Board
- Facilitate the development of strong partnerships with families, reflecting cultural competency and sensitivity in all matters.
- Provide support to teachers when necessary in communicating with parents and addressing any issues, behavioral or otherwise, that may arise.
- Oversee the financial operations of the Preschool, including preparation of the annual budget, presenting recommended budget to the Finance Committee for approval, preparing financial reports and analyses, operating the CDC within budget, depositing tuition and fees promptly, and supporting auditing activities on a regular basis.
- Manage the Preschool’s teaching and administrative staff, including recruitment, training and development, conducting performance evaluations and recommending compensation increases.
- Create a work environment that is team-oriented both internal to the Preschool as well as with the LCUMC staff to ensure alignment with the church's overall strategic plan and the development of a "continuous learning" culture.
- Supervise outside service providers such as bookkeeper, lawyer and payroll accountant.
- Communicate and enforce the CDC’s policies and procedures, including all safety and health rules to ensure the safety of each child in the building and on the playgrounds.
- Recommend new policies and procedures as necessary and appropriate.
- Attend LCUMC Preschool Committee meetings, LCUMC staff meetings, and LCUMC Church Council meetings.