We have an exciting opportunity on our Software team for a strong leader with exceptional development/research skills in the field of Deep Learning. The primary responsibility of the Director, Deep Learning is to lead the research and development of multiple core perception components across multiple organizations spanning beyond the Perception group. The candidate’s responsibilities extend to working closely with the executive team to establish the scope and schedule of the product critical projects, driving the formation of technical teams and ensuring a cohesive alignment of all essential technical expertise by setting optimal communication strategies. The Director, Deep Learning will take an active deciding role in release planning, scheduling, and assigning individual developers within their technical team. Qualified candidates will be driven self-starters, robust thinkers, strong collaborators, effective leaders and adept at operating in a highly dynamic environment. We look for colleagues that are passionate about our product and embody our values and are well-known and recognized in the field.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the research and development team within the Perception group.
- Lead the research and development effort of advanced product-critical deep learning components covering key product critical perception features such as semantics, segmentation, object recognition, human understanding, hand tracking, etc.
- Experience with image data, image processing and human interaction
- Define and execute the roadmap of new features.
- Work hand-in-hand with the key stakeholders and developers across the company using deep learning.
- Actively contribute to organization’s Intellectual Property and publish the research findings in peer-reviewed conferences.
- Write maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality deep learning modules.
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert with key stakeholders.
- 4+ years of Deep Learning experience and 10+ years of Machine learning experience targeted to product development
- Will be extensively involved in setting up roadmaps, research plan, product plans – define and set up features
- Will be an end-to-end role, taking research from proof of concept to conceptualization to final production on hardware or cloud.
- Will be working on topics around object recognition, human understanding, hand tracking
- Deep learning for understanding object in environment (to figure out if objects are chairs or sofa for AR use)
- human understanding (understanding different base in which people input data into device – like using hands)
- Be able to guide and mentor team to make them successful.
- Be able to manage, grow, showcase team members work.
- Experience leading engineering teams from first concept to ship
- World recognized expert knowledge and strong leadership experience in Deep Learning with extensive publication record in peer-reviewed conferences and specialization in at least one of the following domains:
- Applications of deep learning techniques to traditional 3D computer vision topics such as: Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), Dense mapping, Eye tracking.
- Semantics and scene understanding.
- Scene segmentation.
- Object Detection and tracking.
- Hand tracking.
- Person tracking.
- Multi-task learning.
- Expert knowledge of deep learning techniques such as CNN, RNN, LSTM and GAN
- MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (with minimum of 12 years of relevant experience)
- Ph.D. is preferred (with minimum of 10 years of relevant experience)
- Knowledge software optimization and embedded programming is a plus
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (Relo Available)