Director, Engagement Practice at Buck
- Job Label:
BUCK - A 102-year-old firm that is JUST GETTING STARTED.
Director - Engagement (Virtual Position)
At Buck, our people make the difference. Founded over 100 years ago, we help deliver on the promise of tomorrow...today. Our health, wealth, technology and consulting services allow us to deliver on the MANY needs of our clients by drawing on our strength, DIVERSITY, and experiences in creating outcomes. This means we meet our clients where they are in the creation of their future while being respectfully bold in providing practical solutions to new realities. We honor our commitments and leave things better than when we started. We are a team of difference makers in global locations that have each other's backs working together as a team. What's your next move?
The selected candidate will help build our national Engagement Practice and must have experience in communication, preferably in employee communication solutions. Knowledge of human resources and benefits is preferred with areas of expertise to include the following:
1. Branding and Graphic Design Development and Implementation
2. UX/UI Design
3. Technical Skill
4. Business Development Support
5. Budgeting and Project Management
6. People Development
Branding and Graphic Design Development and Implementation:
- Partner with the national creative director in developing materials for client branding and design strategy sessions
- Participate in the creative components of a campaign (e.g., estimates, schedules, internal reviews, approvals)
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the internal project team and national creative director
- Comfortable with some client facing interaction (e-mail, phone and/or in person)
- Display good written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts
- Participate in the development of creative, strategic, proactive and technically correct advice to clients
- Participate in internal creative brainstorm meetings
- Ability to create original graphic designs (infographics, tables, etc.
- Knowledge of human resources, particularly benefits and compensation preferred
- Ability to develop creative design approaches within client brand guidelines
- Ensure quality services are provided to clients
- Develop professional and personal relationships, as appropriate
- Ability to apply a human-centered approach to a variety of digital and print projects ─ balancing brand aesthetic with what experience is best for the end user.
- Passion for user-centered design, working collaboratively in an iterative fashion to create and execute on strategies that are simple, elegant, consistent and easy-to-use.
- Apply critical thinking, a relentless attention to detail, an eye for aesthetics and design sensibilities to complex problems.
- Proficient at information architecture, with the ability to prioritize web assets (content/videos) and interactive materials (widgets and portlets) based on usability principles.
- Understanding of user research methodologies to uncover the wants, needs and behaviors of employees. Test for, identify and troubleshoot common UX problems (e.g., navigation, responsiveness, micro interactions, error recovery)
- Ability to work collaboratively with the client, project managers, content strategists and developers to understand business requirements and translate user stories into defined user flows, wireframes, CSS styling, functionality and, ultimately, an engaging and user-friendly interface.
- Ability to develop UI mockups and click-thru prototypes that clearly illustrate how a site will look and function.
- Ability to create high fidelity design systems and provide detailed specifications and assets for front-end developers to implement (e.g. screen layouts, graphics, color, typography, etc.) across digital platforms.
- Advanced in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator (Adobe AfterEffects and Adobe Flash a plus)
- Knowledge of prototyping tools like Balsamiq, or equivalent
- Moderate skill in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Moderate skill and knowledge in print production
Business Development Support
- Support CM’s, AE’s and consultants with research and concept development for proposals
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and new business proposals
Budget and Project Management
- Ability to supervise preparation of schedule and budget resulting in on-time, within budget projects. Oversee milestones for several large projects (i.e., $75K and up), ensuring project quality and client satisfaction
- Advise Client Manager/Account Executive/client of project changes (i.e., budget, scope) to manage expectations
- Effectively juggle multiple projects in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Prepare and submit billing points for invoicing to AEs/PMs as needed
- Proactively facilitate new technology and design solutions
- With senior staff approval, provide recommendations for staff training and development opportunities
- 5 years of graphic design experience
- BFA in graphic design, Communication Design, Web Design, Interactive Design or equivalent
- A strong portfolio with work that displays solid conceptual thinking and methodology
- Deep expertise in understanding and applying brand guidelines, including color and typography Experience in various mediums (i.e., print, interactive, video, responsive web design, apps, gaming)
- Knowledge of Human Resources (e.g., benefits, compensation, change management) and Communication business (e.g., content, design, production, technology)
- Good written communication skills and strong oral communication skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail, excellent organization and time management skills
- A clear understanding of UX/UI best practices and user-centered design principles
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
At Buck, we’re exclusively focused on helping our clients and their people succeed together. By this, we mean we’re partnering with some of the world's most forward-thinking companies to re-envision and re-design the way that employees work and live. And we’re doing this by finding the right combination of consulting, outsourcing, and technology solutions to help our clients realize the best organizational performance for their businesses while driving positive health, wealth, and career outcomes for their people.
- Related Keywords:
- Director, leadership, HR Technology, Influence, Sell, Lead, Thought Leadership, Innovation, MS Office, (18012498-01)