Director – Financial Institutions, Bankruptcy and Real Estate
At Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC, working together - to serve clients and to serve each other - is what we're all about. Our Firm has multiple offices in Florida, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, as well as offices in California, Delaware, North Carolina, Virginia and Washington, D.C.; we are always looking for talented professionals to join our team.
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, PC, one of the largest law firms in the nation, is currently recruiting for a Director for the Financial Institutions, Bankruptcy and Real Estate section. The position will be located in our corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA. The section is experiencing dynamic growth regionally and nationally. The Director will work closely with section and firm leadership to grow and manage the business aspects of the section. The Director will be involved in every aspect of building and running this sophisticated practice area including managing the day-to-day operations of the section and practice groups; play a prominent role in the execution of the section strategic plan and lateral hiring; provide financial management and business planning; and provide workload management of Associates and Paralegals.
- Develop and implement strategic business and recruiting plans.
- Analyze section performance (both financial and operational) on various reports and recommend avenues for increasing section efficiency and profitability.
- Prepare various action item reports for section management, in areas including but not limited to WIP, A/R, and monthly performance by office, monthly realization and monthly workload; implement action items as directed by section leadership.
- Manage work flow for associates and legal assistants of the section.
- Administer evaluation and compensation processes for associates and legal assistants, in conjunction with the Human Resources department and related firm-level committees.
- Serve as a liaison to other practice groups/sections and Administrative support groups.
- Assist in the recruitment and integration of legal and non-legal staff and administrative support staff.
- Supports the section and practice group leadership in implementing the attorney and legal assistant professional development plans; as needed, serves as a liaison to the Professional Development department in coordinating in-house continuing legal education programs, marketing programs and other professional development activities.
- Facilitate communication between section leadership and members.
- Administer annual budget, section business plans and progress reports.
- Draft/analyze alternative fee arrangements consistent with firm, section and client objectives.
- Assist in planning and coordinating of section events such as section retreat(s), lunch meetings, shareholder and associate meetings and client receptions.
- Assist the Business Development and Marketing department with business development and marketing efforts.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with a Business and/or Finance major.
- Master’s degree or Juris Doctorate degree a plus.
- Must have strong leadership, management and problem solving skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Banking or Real Estate industry knowledge a plus.
- Proficient in computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with practice specific technology.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney PC offers an outstanding benefit package that includes:
- 401K Program
- Pension Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.