The Director Operational Excellence is responsible for ensuring the continuous operational excellence of the core technology systems and employee productivity solutions that our company runs upon and provide leadership and assistance as we evolve and modernize our software and infrastructure. This role will ensure high availability of all existing core enterprise infrastructure on a 24/7 basis, leveraging internal and external resources to implement system monitoring, to conduct issue triage and investigation. In accordance with SLAs, the Director Operational Excellence will drive resolution of operational issues in these core enterprise systems. This role will take proactive steps to enhance system uptime and performance and identify opportunities to harden and modernize the interfaces of our core enterprise systems. The Director Operational Excellence will improve the resilience of batch and other system processes or retire these processes in favor of simpler, more modern and resilient solutions. Where beneficial and cost-effective, this role will virtualize the infrastructure that these core systems run upon and take opportunities thereby enhance system resiliency. The Director Operational Excellence will also coordinate closely with our enterprise architects and agile team leaders to identify opportunities to reduce the complexity of our technical landscape and to drive retirement of outdated technology and infrastructure. In doing so, you will partner with our enterprise architects and agile teams to establish the foundation of modern, go-forward systems and infrastructure. The Director Operational Excellence is also responsible for ensuring the technology solutions we provide to employees across the company meet their needs and that any issues with respect to these solutions are promptly remedied. These solutions include desktop hardware and software, telephony solutions, company provided and “bring your own” mobile devices, collaboration tools, and the point of sale technology in our stores.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Accountable for the uptime and performance of DBI’s core technology systems, employee productivity solutions, desktop support, and adherence to SLAs for the resolution of issues that occur with these systems and tools.
· Lead two Agile operations.
· Manage and serve as the direct supervisor for a group of technical professionals, instilling in them a drive for excellence and continuous improvement. Provide your team members with opportunities to grow their skills and increase their contributions to the team. Promptly address any performance or other professional issues that arise within your team.
· Partner closely with DBI team members to understand functional needs and ensure that the work of the team aligns with customer and business objectives.
· Lead problem investigation of sometimes complex issues and drive resolution and remediation.
· Surface issues that impede progress.
· Ensure all current core operations are functional and going forward can be optimized.
· Continuously seek out and execute upon opportunities to improve the effectiveness of our company’s employees through enhanced technology solutions while lowering the aggregate cost of these solutions over time.