E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants - over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
Lead operational risk coverage of first line of defense business partners for several business units to ensure compliance with the ORM Framework and resolution of risk/control gaps or inefficiencies. Ensure effective RCSAs produced by these businesses.
* Develop and present relevant risk control topics to Operational Risk and Control Committee (ORCC) meetings.
* Partner with colleagues across the firm to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification of business-specific and horizontal risks within the business.
* Research and record operational risk incidents/losses and associated process breakdowns for use in Operational Risk & Control Committee meetings.
* Monitor issues management items and action plans identified by the businesses.
* Lead, or participate in, other operational risk and control projects as assigned.
* Serve as a subject matter expert of the RCSA process.
* Perform data collection to provide meaningful ORM metrics including RCSA, Issues Management, Risk Acceptances, and the proportion of business self-identified vs. risk, audit or regulatory identified issues.
* Maintain awareness of the industry and changes impacting the business to ensure appropriate actions to mitigate risk and modify/expand controls.
Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) required
At least 3-5 years of experience in operational risk with 10+ years of experience in Financial Services
* Prior financial services experience a plus
* High level of professionalism, self-motivation and a strong sense of urgency
* Ability to operate in gray space and to adapt to work flow variations and change
* Experience running projects independently; strong multi-tasking
* Excellence in execution
* Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders
* Excellent teamwork, communication and partnering skills
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.