Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation. We offer subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise that cover the entire lifecycle of innovation – from foundational research and ideas to protection and commercialization.
Today, we’re setting a trail-blazing course to help customers turn bold ideas into life-changing inventions. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including the Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™.
We employ 5,500 colleagues in more than 40 countries.
Clarivate is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
The Director, Patent Technology will be a seasoned software development leader to set technical strategy and lead implementation of applications that enable our client base to query & analyze global patent data. This person will be responsible for leading a global team of software developers and work with broad constituents across Product, Sales & Operations to prioritize and plan delivery of new products and major enhancements. The SaaS based applications leverage complex data querying technologies and incorporate natural language processing and machine learning methodologies for data analysis.
· Lead a global team of 50+ developers & software professionals
· Collaborate with business leadership to create execution plans for new products and features
· Engage senior architects to create the future state vision for the technology stack and execute a roadmap toward a more efficient operating environment
· Assess risks inherent to the current technology stack and create plans to remediate
· Manage concurrent projects, assessing risks and facilitating decision making across multiple stakeholders
· 10+ years working in leadership roles developing software
· Ability to lead cross functional development teams
· Proven capability to understand business drivers and work with stakeholders to drive client outcomes
· Deep understanding of Agile SDLC practices
· Experience deploying software in cloud environments
· Past experience in system architecture which should include Back end solution (Text search and Analytics Data pipelines, Data Lake, Data warehouses), Web solutions (Microservice, MVC etc). Middleware layers is a plus
· Strong presentation & interpersonal skills
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.