Pharmavite is seeking an accomplished and forward-thinking Director, Product Research with a passion for science, nutrition, people and the ability to enhance / drive our company purpose of 'bringing the gift of health to life'.
In this high-impact role, the Director, Product Research will focus on the structure, administration and control of Product Research function. Responsibilities include: (i) creating and effectively managing Product Research Front End Innovation platforms, specializing in incremental, disruptive and radical innovation of dietary supplement dosage forms, and manufacturing process technologies; (ii) internal & external technical thought leadership & education; and (iii) technical leadership of strategic operational initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge of product or process development, food or pharmaceutical laboratory practice and state of the art development laboratory equipment along with knowledge of OSHA safety requirements in industrial and chemical testing laboratories
- Knowledge of scientific and regulatory guardrails in food, dietary supplement or pharmaceutical development environment
- Knowledge of GMP's as appropriate for the products being developed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with good cross-functional interpersonal skills
- Some experience with team based management is preferred
- Must have computer literacy in the use of scheduling and planning tools, such as MS Project, spreadsheet and word processing software
- Capability of interfacing with scientific community and regulatory community and have knowledge of test method development and stability studies
- Requires at least a four-year college or university degree or its equivalent in Food Science, Chemistry, Pharmacy, or other relevant science degree (A PhD or Master degree is preferred)
- Master's degree plus a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in product development in the Food, Confectionary, Cosmetics or Nutraceutical Industries
- PhD degree plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in product development in the Food, Confectionary, Cosmetics or Nutraceutical industries
- The incumbent has direct supervisory responsibility for 4 - 10 employees
- Ability to travel, up to 25% of time
We are proud to offer:
We aspire to nurture a culture of inclusion that enables and encourages all of our employees to thrive. Here are a few ways we do that:
- Competitive salary with a bonus program
- Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment (medical, dental vision)
- An opportunity to be part of a health/wellness organization
- Annual wellness discounts
- 401K with company matching
- Educational assistance
- Monthly free products
- 11 paid holidays per year
- An opportunity to work with passionate people who care deeply about our purpose and each other!
Pharmavite headquarters are located in the greater Los Angeles area - Valencia, CA
Your next leadership opportunity is just a click away!
Visit our website at Pharmavite.com
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
Visit our Product Web Sites:
#Pharmavite #Health #Wellness #Nutrition #Productresearch #Innovation #Leadership #forwardthinking #solutionsdriven #greatpeople #fun
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled