Superior Group is seeking a Director, Quality for our client in Lincolnshire, IL 60069.
This position is responsible for total product quality, product safety and the continuous improvement of quality related processes company-wide. The primary goal of this position is to maintain and improve product quality as measured by warranty return rates as a percentage of sales.
1. Drive down warranty returns as a percent of sales.
2. Test and pro‐actively make plans to ensure the Company is in compliance with internal policy as well as external regulatory standards and bodies, such as International Organization of Standardization ﴾SO﴿ and Total Quality Management ﴾TQM﴿.
3. Act as a gatekeeper in the new product development process to ensure that all products launched are consistently durable, reliable, and safe.
4. Provide all domestic locations with input for continuous improvement in quality processes to drive quality excellence.
5. Develop, implement and manage the corporate quality control program and internal audit process for all domestic locations. Provide direction for program revision, training and education for employees regarding quality.
6. Develop and implement quality control standards which include testing and inspection of all manufactured products, purchased products, components and raw materials.
7. Review and make changes to the quality control program to ensure quality and consistency across all domestic locations. Ensure that information is presented clearly, concisely, accurately, in logical format and in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
8. Hold monthly quality meetings to update the quality team on key quality developments and needs.
9. Evaluate and advise the executive team on the impact of long range planning regarding new quality programs, strategies, and regulatory action.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Go Beyond. .
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.