The Flexential Director of Strategic Accounts is an outside sales role responsible for both a geographic market as well as for an assigned prospect list. The DSA will be responsible and accountable for driving sales of net new logo business with a focus on social media, mobile, analytics and content (SMAC), SaaS and network intensive companies. The DSA will represent all of Flexential's products and services to prospective clients. The prospects will include large companies with annual revenues greater than $1B across and colocation demands of 250KW+. DSA will be responsible for prospecting into his/her defined territory/account list, qualifying opportunities, designing solutions to help solve business problems, pricing, negotiating and closing business. Lastly, the DSA will be responsible for providing input to the business regarding prospects’ needs and market/competitive trends.Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
- Consistently achieve targeted sales quota
- Prospect, qualify and close technical solution sales focused on large colocation and hybrid IT opportunities
- Manage CRM – Pipeline & Forecast
- Maintain 3-4 appointments weekly in various phases of the sales cycle
- Develop customer presentations and participate in customer meetings
- Develop clear, specific, action-oriented account plans to develop prospects
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 8 years solution selling in the technology industry with a track record of 100%+ performance
- Follows a methodical sales process.
- Hybrid IT solution sales (colocation, managed services and professional services) experience required
- Documented success in prospecting and closing large colocation deals
- Effective user of internal and external resources (SE's, execs, SME's, integrated partners, etc).
- Proven track record of successful selling experience
- Ability to call on C-Level executives
- Strong contact and networking base, relationships with real estate brokers and data center consultants a plus
- Excellent listening, writing & presentation skills
- Sense of urgency and strong work ethic. Self-motivated. Accountable to forecast and quota
- Travel as needed
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.