National Dairy Council’s (NDC) Global Sustainable Nutrition and Research (GSNR) team has an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual to join our team as Director of Strategic Partnerships and Education to contribute to expanding impact of our commitments to sustainable nutrition, youth wellness and food security in the U.S. and around the world and grow trust in dairy due to its contributions to health and sustainable food systems. The candidate will have expertise and experience in one or more areas of nutrition, health and wellness, public health, sustainable food systems food security, agriculture and global nutrition.
Cultivate relationships with national thought leaders and organizations, design and implement partner activations and programs.
· Translate scientific research into educational resources for a variety of audiences.
· Analyze domestic and international reports and trends shaping the sustainable nutrition environment and integrate insights and implications into GSNR thought leader programs and efforts.
· Support and contribute to sustainable nutrition education and training development for staff, NDC’s network of State and Regional registered dietitians and health and wellness communicators, thought leaders and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy.
· Represent NDC as an ambassador and/or subject matter and participate in professional meetings and conferences to build NDC’s relationships and reputation as a trusted resource.
· Master’s degree in dietetics, nutrition, food systems, public health, agriculture, business, communications or related field.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience
· Registered Dietitian credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, a plus
· Global sustainable nutrition experience, a plus
· Intellectual curiosity and an entreprenurial spirit
· Interaction with professional societies; established networks, a plus
· Proficiency in developing relationships with both thought leaders and industry
· Ability to translate complex science for a variety of audiences
· Excellent oral/written communication skills and social media expertise to engage with consumer, thought leader and industry audiences
· Ability to organize workstreams, meet deadlines, prioritize and simultaneously manage multiple projects and processes
· Strong interpersonal skills to successfully work within a cross-functional team
· Strong sense of initiative, able to excel with limited supervision and also successfully collaborate and contribute to inter-department teams
· Strong computer skills that include, but are not limited to, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Competitive benefits, generous 401(k), and collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra. We offer free chocolate and regular milk on tap.
Dairy Management Inc™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 41,000+ dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association, and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy Management Inc.™ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.