The Director of Development and Community Relations leads a team of professionals to develop and implement strategic plans for development and fundraising, as well as community engagement with the entire service area of Tompkins and Cortland counties.
The Development and Community Relations Team also plans, develops, and implements special events, promotional activities, fundraising, bereavement, and other community outreach events.
The Director of Development is a member of the senior Leadership team.
The Director of Development will:
- Create and implement the strategic development plan for Hospicare
- Create and implement the strategic communication and marketing plan
- Conduct feasibility studies to plan and implement capital campaigns as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Foster relationships in support of all giving programs
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university (required)
- 3 to 5 years of proven success in planning and implementing diverse development strategies to meet annual and long-term budget goals (required)
- At least 2 years of experience in community relations, marketing, and/or mass communications (required)
- Ability to manage many tasks at one time and to work independently (required)
- Strategic planning management experience (required)
- Proven project management skills (required)
- Understands and is committed to the hospice philosophy of care (required)
- Excellent computer skills including experience with donor information systems and databases (required)
- Good listening and communication skills in both professional situations and emotionally sensitive situations (required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (required)
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups (required)