The Hope Through Housing Foundation (HTHF) is committed to breaking the cycle of generational poverty by implementing high-quality social services for low-income families and seniors living within and around National CORE's affordable housing developments throughout California, Texas, Arkansas, and Florida. We seek passionate, hardworking team members who are committed to transforming lives and communities. Together, we deliver Hope, Opportunity, Prosperity, and Empowerment to thousands of youth, adults, and seniors each year.
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Director of Development is responsible for developing and implementing multi-year fund development plans that provide the necessary financial resources to achieve HTHF's strategic goals, including providing organizational leadership in the area of fundraising, management of development staff, implementation of best practices and directing all aspects of individual and institutional giving. This position requires working closely with community individuals, businesses, and government to develop the funding and resources necessary to sustain HTHF's programs aimed at improving the lives of CORE's residents and surrounding communities. This individual must be a strong communicator, effective relationship builder, be results-oriented and provide vision and leadership to fulfill HTHF's mission. This full-time, exempt position is based in our Rancho Cucamonga office and reports to the President/CEO.
HIGHLIGHT OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fundraising Responsibilities: Develop, implement, lead and measure strategically-guided plans to sustain and increase revenue in the following areas: corporate gifts, individual contributions, major gifts, web-based outreach, grants & contracts, sponsorship, planned gifts and events. Build, maintain and strengthen relationships necessary for operating an effective and comprehensive fund development program aimed at generating increased levels of revenue on an annual basis. Manage and grow annual fundraising events including The Gala, Run/Walk, and others.
Leadership Responsibilities: Provide ongoing leadership, training, direction, coaching and supervision for Fund development staff members, including the assignment of work responsibilities, the timely writing and delivery of performance appraisals, participation in the hiring process, and recommendations to discipline and terminate employment relationships as may be necessary. Participate in strategic planning and implementation to accomplish HTHF's mission. Act as a communications resource, providing year-round visibility for HTHF. Represent HTHF at conferences, functions and speaking engagements, presenting a professional image and advocating our mission. Develop strategic partnerships with other organizations and agency leaders.
Evaluation and Measurement Responsibilities: Evaluate and analyze fund development efforts and develop appropriate strategies to address and improve results. Evaluate fund development staff performance using motivational techniques, additional training, and organizational disciplinary protocols as appropriate to continually improve departmental professionalism, performance and to drive results.
Volunteer Development Responsibilities: Target and cultivate new sources of volunteer leadership throughout the community. Develop effective fund development volunteers by recruiting, training, coaching, and assessing performance. Establish and maintain effective working relationships, training programs, and supervision of key fund development volunteers and donors.
Other Responsibilities: Attend company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home. Other duties as assigned by President/CEO.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Interpersonal Skill Requirements:
- A passion for Hope's mission with children, families, and seniors in need.
- Relationship building skills: active listening, interpersonal/cultural sensitivity, and genuine ability to engage others in Hope's mission.
- Team membership: creative problem solving, critical thinking, sound judgment and volunteer/professional supervisory leadership.
- Organizational culture: adaptable, flexible, responsive, customer-oriented and active understanding and promotion of Hope.
- Personal leadership within a team environment: multi-tasking, self-motivated and initiative-taker, shares credit and takes responsibility for actions.
- Strong, professional written and oral communication skills.
- Effective presenter to donors and public groups.
- Active motivator and customer relations manager.
- Able "closer" in active solicitation efforts.
- Developer and facilitator of compelling presentations and training programs.
- Key requirements: Revenue generation, customer service, community relations, project management, sales/marketing, statistical analysis and interdepartmental team-building.
- Ability to Understand, interpret and present statistical and financial data.
- Interpret and present complex research and financial information.
- Analyze complex problems and develop and implement creative solutions.
- Develop and execute customer-focused strategic plans.
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, judgment and decision-making skills; ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Generate revenue at increased levels on an annual basis.
Computer / Technology Skills:
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment and Customer Relations Management software required; facility with internet-based research, the ability to utilize spreadsheets and donor database programs, create and run reports as required for employee, donor and market analysis.
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends as required.
- Ability to travel to off-site meetings, trainings, and events.
- Ability to pass TB skin test and background check.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum offive years development/marketing and managerial experience in a nonprofit, governmental or for-profit corporate environment or equivalent combination of higher education and experience.
- Demonstrated track-record for developing and implementing fundraising strategies, meeting annual goals and consistently increasing development results.
- Proven leadership and management skills, including planning, supervision, coaching, team building, training, communication, systems utilization, enhancement and organization.
- Understanding of and ability to embrace use of technology and social media to drive results.
- Management experience in personnel, financial resources and administration.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions.
- Standing, sitting, walking
- Driving must have valid driver's license and current automobile insurance in order to drive for company purposes.
- Operate computer and office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer!