Aveox is an industry leader in Power Electronics for motor controllers, AC/DC converters and Specialized Electric Motors for critical applications. We design and produce low-weight/high-powered motor and controller solutions for a variety of aviation, aerospace and industrial clients. We continually develop and apply innovative motion control technology to meet our clients ultra-critical, environmentally-challenging, high power-density, low-EMI, superior-reliability requirements.
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineering Manager responsible for leading, developing and managing the multi-disciplined engineering operations. Leads staff through the complete project development process for complex electro-mechanical solutions for aerospace and defense industries.
• Plan and allocate appropriate engineering resources for projects and provide scheduling, man-power, asset allocation, budgets and estimates to complete programs by deadline.
• Continuously evolve a high performing engineering team aligned with the strategic objectives of the business
· Provide career leadership and personal development for the engineering team.
· Interface and communicate with customers to understand their requirements, propose design alternatives, and resolve any product related issues.
• Create, track and report milestones to senior management throughout the product development life cycle, from early-stage feasibility through all design phases, up to and including qualification testing and transition to production.
• Provide status updates on the team’s tasks and ensure on time completion. Evaluate missed targets and identify and address root causes such as training requirements, process and methodology improvements
· Supports advancement efforts for Standard Products line
· Establish and maintain internal design reviews and guidelines for product development and engineering designs. Conduct design reviews
• Establish engineering department goals, objectives, performance metrics, and initiatives to support corporate objectives.
• Primary interface with respect to product engineering activities associated with support of Sales and Operations.
• Works closely with sales team to evaluate new business opportunities and help prepare proposals and technical compliance matrixes
• Create an atmosphere of innovation and design excellence while assuring maximum product safety, manufacturability and cost effectiveness.
· Maintain an awareness of the state of the art in brushless motor, controller, and power electronics design
• Supports AS9100, Lean and other Aveox Quality initiatives/objectives
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and/or combination of education or experience.
• Minimum 10 years of progressive engineering management experience; preferably in the aerospace/defense market.
• Experience with Aerospace Product Development Processes, Requirements Based Engineering, DO-178 Software Development Processes, DO-254 Hardware Development Processes, DO-160 and FAA Order 8110.49/105
· Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Familiarity with Electro-mechanical products and GD&T
· Motor Solve, SolidWorks, Altium and Microsoft Office software
• Excellent time management, project management, planning and organizational skills to drive and motivate staff by setting priorities and systematically meeting deadlines and goals
· Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects of varying size and scope
· Strong Leadership skills and the ability to influence others within an interdisciplinary environment.
· Superior interpersonal and customer relations skills demonstrating sensitivity to customer needs and ability to work effectively with others to urgently address issues.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express technical concepts clearly and concisely.
• Significant experience in analyzing business and technical requirements.