Our client a reputable Boston based Investment Manager would like to bring on their next Director of Enterprise Architecture.
The Director, Enterprise Architecture is responsible for leading the program to develop, maintain, and govern the Enterprise Architecture function across the organization. Defines, implements, and maintains the processes for enterprise architecture and associated review processes. Serves as an advanced subject matter expert, leading collaboration across the technical, information, and business architecture domains both within Information Technology and across organizational boundaries to optimally map technology capabilities to business needs. Communicates with business leaders throughout the organization, develops an understanding of business requirements, and is able to communicate complex concepts both at a business level as well as a technical level, in written and verbal format. The Director, Enterprise Architecture has a broad understanding of business and technology architecture, and specific specialized expertise in the Investment Management industry. Leads a team of highly skilled architects, and works to leverage their expertise to drive the enterprise architecture function forward.
- Leads the implementation and evolution of the Enterprise Architecture program including process and framework design for analysis, governance, and refinement of the function.
- Directs the activities of the Enterprise Architecture Core Team, supporting the Enterprise Architecture function, including analyses of current state across business systems and the technology that support them, creation of future state architectures, and development of road maps to achieve future state objectives. Works with all levels of management and across organizational boundaries.
- Utilizing deep experience and knowledge of information technology and its application or potential application to the business challenges, collaboratively develops forward thinking strategies and actionable roadmaps to implement those strategies.
- Leverages advanced expertise in complex information systems to effectively communicate complicated, often technical, concepts clearly and articulately through non-technical means, to ensure that all stakeholders are suitably informed.
- Maintains current knowledge of emerging and evolving technologies across multiple disciplines and proactively assesses these technologies for applicability within the information systems environment, integrating as appropriate into' technology vision, strategic plans, and roadmaps.
- Manages assigned staff; makes decisions regarding employment, training and development, performance management and compensation. Prepares department budget.
- Provides project management, prioritization, direction, and leadership to staff in order to accomplish defined projects and support activities.
- Identifies areas where new technologies can be leveraged to create enhanced customer service or improved operational efficiencies. Responsible for thoroughly understanding the latest technology to ensure all project solutions represent the best possible use of technology.
- Demonstrate related experience in developing and supporting the operation of large complex, multi-vendor, multi-protocol data network.
- Attends industry seminars and communicates relevant information to unit. Ensures that personal development and professional training opportunities are available to the employees.
- Maintains management reports that will track progress of outstanding projects, system enhancements, and other key elements.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Extensive, broad and deep holistic knowledge of multiple technologies and their applications to business problems across technical architectures and technology silos.
- Strong knowledge of multiple technologies, platforms, and programming languages.
- Solid understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle models
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees at all organizational levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Strong organizational and financial skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively in a well-organized manner.
- Ability to prioritize and utilize resources to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience in a related technical field. Master s degree, PhD or other advanced degree preferred.
- Fifteen or more (15+) years of related Information Technology experience.
For immediate consideration please email. Kwilliams@daleyaa.com